main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Plain box upgrade

jenwooly
3: Seeker

Hi I recently upgraded to a s8+ it arrived in a plain white box, rattling around not secured with a wonky screen protector over it. Have I been sent a reconditioned s8+ without being told? It's awfully slow, tbh slower than my s7, I decided to give it a go before saying anything but really not happy! Been a vodafone customer for about 8 years 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @jenwooly

In my experience I expect to have been supplied a new phone in the Samsung retail packaging and the box seal intact. 

My Samsung Galaxy s8 came with a very well fitted in transit front and back plastic cover on the phone. 

The Samsung retail box is very well presented so the phone is secure and does not move around. 

Check your order details that a nearly new phone was not inadvertently chosen and if not the case then if this was me I would be returning it within the 30 day cooling off period known as the Network Satisfaction Guarantee period and request a new one. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jenwooly

This has happened before.  Vodafone buy the phones in bulk as unboxed and place the phones in plain boxes. However, the phone should have been secured and as new.

If you are not happy, return the phone and request a replacement.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

If you're not 100% happy with the phone you've received @jenwooly you're more than welcome to exchange it. I apologise if you've been sent out a reconditioned phone or one that's not been boxed correctly.

So we can help you get this exchanged, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options