Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please help with strange problem on S8?

Nataliejane
4: Newbie

Hello,

for the the last few weeks I have been randomly and unpredictably unable to pick up calls from people. I can always make calls though. I pick it up and it’s like no one is there, just no noise. The other person gets my voicemail but my end it is showing I’m on the call to them but there’s no noise, 

other times, my phone keeps ringing and ringing while the other person is leaving a voicemail at that point (so if I don’t pick it up it’s ringing for ages until they have left the message)

i cant see any pattern for when this happens and I can’t predict it, it happens about 50% of the time so quite frequent. I’ve missed important calls where it isn’t easy to get hold of that person if I call them so this is really driving me mad. 

Please could anyone give give advice on this - I can’t think of any apps it could be causing this. I do notice a blue banner comes up saying do I recognise this number on some calls but I think this is a Samsung thing and it doesn’t seem to have any connection. My phone was brand new only a few months ago.

many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's an odd one.  If it's a network issue, there's not much you can do, but there are a few things you can try before going down the repair route.

First off is an easy one - clear recent apps (the square buton at the bottom of the screen, then look for an X or "clear") and apps caches (Settings|Storage|Phone|Clear app cache).

The second is easy too - get a new SIM card.   A Vodafone shop is your best option as they can also activate it for you.

The third thing is a factory reset.   This is a bit of a pain, but would be part of a repair anyway.  Make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd and back up your content.   If you have an sd card, remove it as the process sometimes formats them.   If texts and call logs are important, there are apps that will back them up.   You'll also lose your app settings and saved game levels and they're harder to restore, so that's bullet you might just have to bite.

Thank you I will try these things. Just to add to this, I had someone keep trying to call me today and although I seemingly picked up their calls with no one the other end, they had constant ringing and then a dead tone with no voicemail option.