Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible cheaper NOTE 8

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

It's only in the U.S.A at the moment with no mention of the UK and terms and conditions 

http://m.gsmarena.com/galaxy_note8_will_be_up_to_425_cheaper_for_those_who_had_a_note7-news-26905.ph...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

From what I recall the issue with the Note 7 wasn't affecting all the units from the first released version but warranted Samsung supplying a Mk11 version to people, but then some of those developed issues but not all of them. 

People liked the Note 7 phone so much and were not experiencing issues with overheating themselves they kept using them as the alternative phones being offered ie the s7 phones were not palatable I guess.

But then Samsung realised people were hanging onto them so they pushed out an update that restricted the phones charging cycle to only allow it to partial charge rendering it not really usable.

Still some keep them.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

I recall Samsung providing either a full refund for the Note 7 or providing the s7 edge or s7 and refunding the difference and in some cases refunding any specific Official Note 7 accessories purchased from them. 

The Networks if they supplied the phone were supplying either of the above phone models or contract cancellation or a return to pre upgrade status. 

Some people I know returned the Note 7 and moved to sim only to await the Note 8 release.

Some kept their Note 7 !

I see in your link the person has to surrender their current phone so I'm assuming this is for people who bought their phone sim free at full retail price from Samsung. 

Those that had their alternative phones supplied to replace the Note 7 will be still under contract. 

Current Phone  >

Wow I can not believe people would of hanged on to there note 7 after 2 recalls.

Surely they would of had to let go of any warranty status after being offered an alternative.

To be honest I'm not sure what I would of done in that situation apart from knowing I wouldn't of kept hold of it.

BandOfBrothers

From what I recall the issue with the Note 7 wasn't affecting all the units from the first released version but warranted Samsung supplying a Mk11 version to people, but then some of those developed issues but not all of them. 

People liked the Note 7 phone so much and were not experiencing issues with overheating themselves they kept using them as the alternative phones being offered ie the s7 phones were not palatable I guess.

But then Samsung realised people were hanging onto them so they pushed out an update that restricted the phones charging cycle to only allow it to partial charge rendering it not really usable.

Still some keep them.  

Current Phone  >

Personally I don't think I would of kept one after the recall

recall would of been even a little angrier if I wasn't pre warned about the update before that though as you said it would of been another unexpected blow.

And like you said would make the experience even less 

And now writing this I think I would of accepted the S7 edge 

I didn't realise how popular that note is 

BandOfBrothers

I've just got to add....

I find it ridiculous that Samsung are dictating that a person has to surrender their current 'eligible' Smartphone to get the discount.  :smileyembarrassed:

I watched the Unpacked Event and the CEO said they greatly appreciated how people stuck with the brand - and then they go and add this ludicrous stipulation !  :smileyfrustrated:

To add I believe this is limited to people who bought Direct from Samsung and currently is not involving U.K Customers. 

Current Phone  >

It will be interesting watching how this one develops 

I was expecting note 7 users to start posting on there forum but I haven't seen one post regarding the issue apart from yourself