Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible scam

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Whilst trying to Google assistant working via the Google home page,news articles popped up that im interested in and I do it quite often as I thought they were safe as they are put there by Google but on  about 3 occasions this offer has popped up and as this wasn't the first time before I pressed the home button and but off my connection I took a screen shot 

If it's too good to be true it probably is but you never know but I avoided it any way but I'll post the shot below

As any body else seen this 

And as it has happened about 3 times does it mean my phone as been affected 

I have Google scan device on and scan apps and safe filter on and I'm constantly changing my password as I can never remember them

Edit I've just checked the screen shot and behind that pop up was the Google play store logo at the top in big letters and the whole page was Google themed but none of that has showed up 

Must be a blag surely

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I see that type of 'click bait ' all the time @SKYMAN513

I always ignore them and occasionally clear my cookies. 

I also have a content blocker working with my Stock Samsung Browser called AdBlockPlus from the PlayStore which helps stop most things while surfing. It removes adds from pages too so surfing is faster. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

I see that type of 'click bait ' all the time @SKYMAN513

I always ignore them and occasionally clear my cookies. 

I also have a content blocker working with my Stock Samsung Browser called AdBlockPlus from the PlayStore which helps stop most things while surfing. It removes adds from pages too so surfing is faster. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've heard the term click bait before but only on you tube it's just a shame when I took the screen shot it must of knew what I was doing as the Google play store page that I was on disappeared from the background 

I've seen there little boxers before 

But this was more official looking and with all the Google logos it looked more official

To be honest it was that good when I first started using  these about 3 years ago 

I probably would of pressed it 

But I hadn't got caught up in the smartphone wind 

To busy collecting guitars

I'll just stick with the cliche 

If looks too good it more than likely is 

Thanks