Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems after porting number

789iant
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all

just moved to Vodafone from EE and ported my number across today, which is now live. However, since the porting, I can no longer send or receive texts.

Texts were working before the porting, and I can still get everything else on phone, email, voicecalls, t'internet and everything else, just the texting.

Checked the message centre number, it was showing different to that stated on the support site, which I have now changed, but still no texts.

8 REPLIES 8

Freddie12345
2: Seeker
Same. I am having the same problem having moved from EE to Vodafone.

Just to add, I can make calls but not receive them, hadnt realised this earlier. This is a joke. I would have been better staying with EE. Distance Selling Regulations about to be applied.

Earlier, I was kept waiting for nearly an hour on the Service Line, put through to the Porting Centre, only to be told, Im going home, call tomorrow.

Freddie12345
Any update today?

Yeah, got onto them this morning again. I was told my number had ported successfully. If they mean the number is on their system, it is. If they mean it works, it doesnt. So they transfer me again to the Porting Team, who tell me they will email a support team, and get this, it will take 24 business hours for them to tell me if there is a problem. 24 business hours is three days, and with the weekend in the way too, its going to be the best part of a week minimum. So I then went to customer services who offered to speak to the Porting team, same answer. Spoke to disconnections, Porting team gave same answer. One has to wonder what function in life these people perform as the porting team seem to be just the middlemen between the people you complain to and the people that have the technical ability.

As this is costing me time and money, I have had to take the option of losing my number and having a new sim card, and even that took some arranging with them.

In short Vodafone, had I known that your customer service/tech support was this bad I would have stayed with EE. This is by far the worst I have ever seen, and I have seen some bad ones. I could have walked into any shop and walked out with a working phone and I will take this option and cancel under the distance selling regulations if I have any more problems.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 78iant and Freddie12345,

We're currently aware of an issue with numbers porting in from EE.

We'll have this resolved as soon as possible.

DaveCD

Thanks Dave, mine appears to have been sorted thankfully. Somewhere in the Royal Mail is another sim card on its way, what do I do with it?

Hi 789iant,

It’ll be a blank SIM card. You can either keep it as a spare in case you ever get a SIM issue, or you can cut it up and discard it.

Thanks,

Simon

Ok mate, thanks.