Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems logging in to this site

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi I have been using this site on chrome on my mobile only don't use any computer,

However I wanted to give the Samsung browser another go after a pretty hefty  update to stop all the crap that comes with chrome.

But I have been trying all week and I get to success password changed and go to log into here with the Samsung browser and says unsuccessful 

I have tried removing the remember me option but it still comes back with username and password at the point of login.

so after too many tries you get the normal wait a while prompt.

But then I go back to chrome and I can log in as usual with no change in password as chrome saves it as it was with no change.

It's not a major issue as I don't see any ads or pop ups on here 

But the password thing is a little worrying and as I have used this forum for a while and this device, and also have been trying for the last week quite a few times now

I thought I'd better ask does any one have any suggestions 

I haven't tried clearing any caches or any thing yet but have done restarts 

I don't have any problems on all the other sites I have changed over to Samsung browser.

One thing that has happened I have a few of accounts on my device 4 

But Google chrome as started to say with a pop if I have been in gmail  or security check and changed account a combine data or keep separate pop up, and I was pressing combine but when a few days ago I pressed keep separate I missed the bit due to rushing that keeping data separate it auto deletes existing data 

But the chrome password remains everything else went all book marks log in data the lot.

Sorry there are 2 probs here but that is the only other reason I can think that could of caused this

But I think Google could do with a bit more of a detailed warning so for those who have not seen it yet beware

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Not sure if I've fully understood this, but are you saying that the Samsung browser is remembering the wrong login details?   If so, there are two ways round it.   The first is to see if there's a list of saved logins in the app's settings (I use Firefox which can do this) and delete the relevant one.   If not, go into the phone's main menu and look for Apps.   Open the one relating to the browser, tap on (I think) storage and hit Clear Data.   This will delete everything the app has remembered, including bookmarks - it's completely destructive - but should clear out remembered logins and allow you to start again.  

The only problem might be if you've signed into the app and it's retaining everything online - and consequently just reloads the old info.  If that's the case, log into Vodafone and remember it BEFORE you log back into the app.   With luck, you'll get all the old stuff back, but the new VF login details will be remembered.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

Not sure if I've fully understood this, but are you saying that the Samsung browser is remembering the wrong login details?   If so, there are two ways round it.   The first is to see if there's a list of saved logins in the app's settings (I use Firefox which can do this) and delete the relevant one.   If not, go into the phone's main menu and look for Apps.   Open the one relating to the browser, tap on (I think) storage and hit Clear Data.   This will delete everything the app has remembered, including bookmarks - it's completely destructive - but should clear out remembered logins and allow you to start again.  

The only problem might be if you've signed into the app and it's retaining everything online - and consequently just reloads the old info.  If that's the case, log into Vodafone and remember it BEFORE you log back into the app.   With luck, you'll get all the old stuff back, but the new VF login details will be remembered.

Dito!! But I'm not using an app.

Been having probs all week long.

I can't log in via my laptop it keeps saying it doesn't recognise my username or password!

But could get in on my mobile phone, well until today then it kept saying the same thing. The only way I managed to get in was by trying to reply to a topic i'd posted ironically about not being able to log in then weirdly enough as there was no prefilled in info in the boxes it let me log in??? Frustrating as hell!! Would be interested to know if you do the same thing eg reply to a topic and log in that way if it'd work.

Anyway I changed my email address and password in the hope it'd solve the probs.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi sorry for late reply as I have email sync not on constantly.

Ive been  been on my browser settings and cleared all saved passwords 

It seems the Vodafone site is saving my details even when I uptick the remember  me option 

I'll try Voda web site and try that but when you said remember that is another problem on my part as I was using chrome I didn't have to  remember my password,but when I try to do it from the gmail link and it says successfully changed and then try to login it says wrong details 

And I have been double carefull as I have tried quite a few times more since last post.

I have even put another email address in the Samsung browser to try that way.

And I've made sure that I tried the one that I signed up with 

Thanks for your reply