Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ps4 natype on hotspot

Lasermachine24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am using my hotspot on my ps4 but it keeps saying nat type 3 how do I change this

10 REPLIES 10

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lasermachine24 When you tether via a mobile device, your Playstation will automatically change your NAT to NAT Type 3, this means that access is restricted. You have access to the internet but you'll be unable to download/upload any data.

I'd recommend trying to change you DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4). 

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Go to Network.
  3. Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
  4. Select Wi-Fi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
  5. Select Custom.
  6. IP Address Settings = Automatic.
  7. DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify.
  8. DNS Settings = Manual. Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.

Let us know how you get on.

Didn't work

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry this hasn't worked for you @Lasermachine24. As part of our customer promise we want to get all your concerns addressed immediately. So a member of our team can get this looked into further for you and perform some further troubleshooting steps with you, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Done that 2 days ago didn't respond 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @Lasermachine24! Our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible! As soon as a member of our team have reached your message, we'll certainly assist you further. We appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.

I've got this exact same issue.... Stuck in hospital for weeks and the hospital internet is non existent. How can I get this to work please?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Su77on Let's see if we can help pass the time while you're there by getting your PS4 connected through your hotspot. What's your signal like in the hospital? If possible could you send us a screenshot of a speed test?

Please also let me know the make and model of your phone.

Screenshot_20200206-165009~2.png

My phone is a Google Pixel 3

Thanks

Andrew

Doesn't look like the screenshot is working but I get 63mb download and 64mb upload... I'm basically in the middle of Birmingham