main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Ps4 natype on hotspot

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I am using my hotspot on my ps4 but it keeps saying nat type 3 how do I change this

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Lasermachine24 When you tether via a mobile device, your Playstation will automatically change your NAT to NAT Type 3, this means that access is restricted. You have access to the internet but you'll be unable to download/upload any data.

I'd recommend trying to change you DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4). 

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Go to Network.
  3. Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
  4. Select Wi-Fi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
  5. Select Custom.
  6. IP Address Settings = Automatic.
  7. DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify.
  8. DNS Settings = Manual. Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.

Let us know how you get on.

View more options

Didn't work

View more options

Sorry this hasn't worked for you @Lasermachine24. As part of our customer promise we want to get all your concerns addressed immediately. So a member of our team can get this looked into further for you and perform some further troubleshooting steps with you, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options

Done that 2 days ago didn't respond 

View more options

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @Lasermachine24! Our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible! As soon as a member of our team have reached your message, we'll certainly assist you further. We appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.

View more options