Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RCS Issues

thedoke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've recently moved to Vodafone from EE and have the Huawei Mate 20pro. I had a temporary number until today when my previous number was ported across and have now come up with an issue with Huawei Chat Features (RSC). When I send messages via this service, it uses the temporary number I was given and if it turn this service off so normal SMS is used, then the my ported number is used. I am finding this very frustrating and cannot find a way of resolving this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When did the porting to Vodafone happen @thedoke  ?

If recently then the porting in files may still be settling  especially if it's still trying to use the Vodafone temporary number,and thus should resolve itself over a short period of time.

It might be beneficial also to conduct a Google Search as you may get help from one of the dedicated Huawei forums on this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, my number only ported yesterday so I guess it's a case of a giving it a few days of settling. I would imagine it takes a few days for the temp number to completely disconnect.

BandOfBrothers

Yes that's my reckoning if the porting in was so soon @thedoke  and it's still using the temporary number.

The files should settle quite quickly.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok cool, thank you. I'll leave it for a few days and see what happens.

AnnS

Hi @thedoke 

This problem won't be connected to your porting in, if you are able to use other services, the problem will be with the chat service being with your previous number prior to porting.

It may be necessary to do a factory reset of the phone, this will clear any previous stored history with the previous used number.  You will then need to delete the application from the Play Store and download a fresh copy of the application to the phone for the new number.

On the contacts there is a contact for ME, here you will be able to enter your new number.

However, Huawei is swapping it's messaging application for Google Android Messaging and this may be something to consider.

Hi @AnnS Thank you for your reply. I have already updated my own number in my contacts, but for some reason, RCS still wishes to use the old temporary number. If it doesn't correct itself at some point today, then i'll do a complete factory reset later this evening when i am at home and see what happens.

AnnS

Yes @thedoke 

Ideally, you should have set this up when the number ported.  However, easily corrected, delete the app from the Play Store or you will only be downloading the same for the previous number.

When you set this up again from fresh all should be OK.  Come back to the forum later when you have completed the change and report back.

Hi AnnS

I have just gone into the messages setting and deleted all data. When i loaded up the app again, it gave me the option to set up chat features again so hopefully this will work now. I'm just waiting for replies from my brother and other half.

Cheers

AnnS

Wonderful news @thedoke 

Hope it is working for you now and it may not even be necessary to do the factory reset.

Fingers crossed the messages come in from your Brother and of course, your other half.

And a big smiley to you.