Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RCS Update - Good News

iar1980
4: Newbie

Good News as Google will be rolling out RCS to all Android users in the UK this month. Even though Vodafone has had RCS for a while this is good news as will be able to communicate with Android users on other carriers via RCS

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/17/18681573/google-rcs-chat-android-texting-carriers-imessage-encryp...

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm sure this will be of great use to many and my personal opinion is many stick with iPhones as they like iMessage and Facetime and as such if this pans out the move from iOS to android would be a much easier process from one ecosystem to another @iar1980 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Dumb question for you all

Many people saw RCS as the devil and problematic when first seen on devices like the Huawei ascend P6 and the Samsung galaxy S2 due to battery drain and data wastage years back. 

Has it improved and also why should we use it ( I'm not sure of it's benefits so please enlighten me) 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.