Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RCS

spackmx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've a Pixel XL 2 and have enabled the Chat feature. Issue is I am unable to send any messages as Chat and I am unable to receive messages from another Vodafone user with RCS enabled. 

If I use the Vodafone Messages+ app it works but not with Android Messages.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @kdhuk, I'm glad to hear your messengers up and running correctly again now. It's great that you've posted the fix too, could be useful for other users 👍

I may have been too optimistic.... All was fine for a couple of days. Then the RCS /Chat option on my compatible contacts disappeared on both WiFi and mobile data. I've reinstalled the Google Messages app and tried to switch the chat option back on... All I'm getting is the

"Excuse the wait.....

Messages will let you know when this step is complete".

Does my RCS profile need resetting on Vodafone? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS. Google Carrier Services which I know has something to do with RCS has recently updated but I still have the same problem.

Ok.....After a bit of Googling found this method on a reddit thread........

Delete Messages (after removing Messages data and cache)

Disconnect  from WiFi -use mobile data for set up

Restart phone

Install Messages again - make it default SMS app

Add your phone number to it.

At some stage, sometimes maybe after restarting app again, you should get a prompt to upgrade the app to use Chat.  Also accept the request  to "ignore battery optimisation" so that app runs in the background . ( This was on Oreo  btw )

.......Worked for me :Thumbs_Up:- up and running again. Works when switched back to WiFi too.

Hope this helps any others out there!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kdhuk It feels like a rollercoaster of emotions here! :Cry_Laughing: Glad to see it's working again!

Hi Gemma. All is sorted now thank you . Everything regards the port has been fixed.