Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reinstall app from Vodafone Smart Ultra 7

jonesnewton
4: Newbie

Hi all, 

I am in the Czech Rep using Vodafone CZ but due to my poor Czech language skills I use this site for help.

I have had this mobile just over 1 year now and I reinstalled (factory reset) it last month and it helped with speed and performance. I had from Vodafone here an app called Protect, which reinstalled last time, but on advice from a Vodafone store I deleted it, but now I find the performance poor again!

Is there a way of reinstalling this app without having to do a factory reset again?

TIA

Neil

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hey @jonesnewton

Just to advise your posting on the Vodafone Uk Community Forum. 

I would advise to repost on your countries Vodafone Forum and or speak to your countries Vodafone Customer Services. 

Here in the UK Vodafone Protect has been discontinued and replaced with Vodafone-secure-net.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Band of Brothers, 

yes I realise you are in the UK.

I have had your help before and thanks.

I will inquire about the new version here 🙂

Any idea how to retrieve the app from Vodafone setup without doing a factory reset?

hrym

As far as I'm aware, Vodafone Protect wasn't in any way a performance-booster, so not having it shouldn't affect that.   A lot of network-installed apps aren't uninstallable, but Vodafone are fairly good on that score.   However, as @BandOfBrothers says, VP has been discontinued, so there's probably no way of getting it back.  Most Vodafone apps should be on the Play store so, if it's available, that would be where to look.   However, due to discontinuation, if the app locks your phone, it can be quite complicated getting it unlocked, so I'd be inclined to leave well alone.

I would suggest that the performance issues have a different cause.