Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remove blacklist

parryboi
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently had one of the phones on my account lost, but it's since been found.  When it was lost I came to get it blacklisted, however now I've found it again  I can't seem to get it working again. I've phoned multiple times, but vf say it's been taken off the blacklist. Any ideas why I can't use it. Have tried different sums, but no network connection, so still looks blocked? 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @parryboi

First it's good to hear you've found your phone.

Personally if this was my situation I'd check the status of the phone by using checkmend.com/uk.

If it's status still shows as blocked by Vodafone UK then please do ring them on 191 and explain you have supporting documentation proving the phone is still blocked. 

If needed come back here to update your thread and then the Vodafone Social Media Teams here should be able to take a look for you.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. I tried a few of the ckecker sites yesterday and again now. All still say the imei is blacklisted. Hopefully VF will assist this soon, as I've been on to them about this all week.... 

AnnS

Hi @parryboi

As you have requested the blacklisting to be removed it can take a few days.

However, give the forum team time to get to the thread and they will be able to investigate this for you.

Hi, 

I've now also used checkmend and that is also showing as blacklist. I raised the request to get this removed last Sunday. 

Why does it take so long? 

BandOfBrothers

It wouldn't take nearly a week @parryboi

Its reasonable to let Vodafone fully investigate the history of the reason why the blacklist was put on the phones imei and then ensure its definitely the account holder  / owner asking for it to be lifted. 

As I mentioned when you go back to them and advise checkmend is still showing it as blacklisted please ask them what the timeframe is to have it lifted.

Current Phone  >

Thanks. I'll try again. I've tried by chat and call this week and with either approach they say it's off the blacklist. Must try and be patient.... 

All seems OK again. Thanks for your help

BandOfBrothers

@parryboi wrote:

All seems OK again. Thanks for your help

Has the blacklist now been lifted?

Current Phone  >

Yes, all is now fine. Cheers