cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repair to screen burn on rooted Samsung Note 8 (warranty invalid?)

kradcliffe2
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I have had my Note 8 for just over a year and it has quite noticeable screen burn. Initially I rooted the phone to increase the headphone volume, but this has had nothing to do with the burn-in problem.

I belireve there is a rumour that rooting invalidates the warranty (can't really see why) so my question is has anyone successfully had a rooted Samsung device repaired in warranty by either Vodafone or Samsung themselves?

Thanks - Keith

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you actually root it or instead enable the developer options to increase the volume. 

If you definitely rooted it then download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore to see what your Knox counter says.

It should show as 0x0

If it does not and is tripped then Samsung can decline service as the software / core files have been altered and can be seen to cause issues. 

Samsung are not the only manufacturer that says they may decline support if the phone is rooted / jailbroken. 

Take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who will determine if they can provide support @kradcliffe2

I say take it to Samsung as they maybe more lenient that Vodafone who would stick strictly to the rules. 

The Samsung warranty exclusions are explained in Samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Look at the European section where there is a download link and the exclusions are there. Look near the bottom of the exclusions list. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.