main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Repairs Warranty

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
12: Established

Phone, a Smart Ultra 6, went completely dead last December and was repaired under warranty.  The phone has now gone completely dead again and I’m wondering if a guarantee would be given for the first repair.  

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Work carried out by Vodafone for a repair will be supported by them.if the same fault has re occurred @bolo

Pop in to your local Vodafone Highstreet Store and I'm sure they'll help you. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Work carried out by Vodafone for a repair will be supported by them.if the same fault has re occurred @bolo

Pop in to your local Vodafone Highstreet Store and I'm sure they'll help you. 

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks yet again.

View more options
Highlighted

You are very welcome @bolo :Winking_smiley:

View more options
Highlighted

Guy in shop managed to restart phone but it won’t do anything. Went over to the chat line and agent was able to tell me that my phone was 4 months out of warranty. All in all not a great start to the day but I’ve still got a £2.50  Alcatel mobile to fall back on until I get a new phone so all is not lost.

View more options
Highlighted

Might be worth trying a hard reset which is carried out by shutting down the phone and then from a set series of button presses will take you the hard reset menu. Thus will delete the info on the phone. 

Might be worth a try. 

If not then at least you have a back up phone and or if that won't suffice until you upgrade then perhaps try CEX or Game for a 2nd phone / unwanted upgrade phone. 

View more options
Highlighted

A bit late, but here’s the background:

last december, sent a text late at night and in the morning the phone was dead. Wouldn’t power up and wouldn’t respond to my attaching the power cable multiple times. Took it back to the store, it was sent away for repair and returned as new in January.

last Friday, sent a late text and in the morning the phone was dead just as it had been in December. Took it into local store where the guy was able to power it up, advised me that the guarantee had expired and suggested that I should save the data before the phone packed in altogether. I did! Phone has now blacked out again 3 times and I’ve managed to recover it all three times. The strange thing is that although I don’t go through a reset stage, the date and time revert to the original settings of 1st January 2015. The first time, I reset time and date manually but have now discovered that if I leave it for a few minutes, it resets time and date automatically.

Now, and this is the important bit for anyone who might be reading this and thinks that they have a similar problem. I have come to the conclusion that what is happening to my phone is identical to what happens to other phones I’ve had when the battery is removed. The power is lost and although the time and date revert to a manufacturing t and d, all other data remains intact . It would appear therefore, that in my Ultra Smart 6, the power supplied by the battery is cut off but can be restored by “a set series of button presses”.  Now the guy in the store did this instantly, didn’t tell me how he managed it, and I have only managed through trial and error. If you or anyone else can tell me what that “set series of button presses” is, I would be most grateful.

Finally, I’ve no need to purchase a new phone since there are 2 quite new iPhones lying here unused after the kids upgraded.

p.s. If you’re still awake, have a good day!😴

View more options