Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repeated beeping noise on the other end of the call for the call duration

frlo
2: Seeker

Every time I call anyone, and it can be landline or mobile, there is a very annoying beep every so often on their side of the call! I have tried calling multiple people both on mobile and landlines and it is always the same.

Note that everything is OK on my end I have no trouble at all however no matter who I call they have the beep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

frlo

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I have sorted the problem.

It wasn't a notification because the sound wasn't on my end, it was on the far end.
It seemed to be a network or phone/SIM problem because I sorted it by:

• powering off the phone
  • removing the SIM card
  • powering on the phone without the SIM car
  • adding the SIM card to the phone so it re-registered on the Vodafone network

And now it works again.  I will see if it stays that way.  Note that simply powering off the phone wasn't working I had to remove the SIM and boot without the SIM then put the SIM in for it to disappear.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @frlo 

The first thing to look at will be your notifications, you may be receiving notifications during the call which can be anything from an incoming text message, a news update or a missed call, also if you have call waiting activated, you may have an incoming call alert waiting to be answered.

It's unlikely network related, it's more than likely a notification of some sort.  Phones used to have an annoying minute minder and this would beep every minute during a call, but sure that feature has now been removed from the call settings.

frlo

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I have sorted the problem.

It wasn't a notification because the sound wasn't on my end, it was on the far end.
It seemed to be a network or phone/SIM problem because I sorted it by:

• powering off the phone
  • removing the SIM card
  • powering on the phone without the SIM car
  • adding the SIM card to the phone so it re-registered on the Vodafone network

And now it works again.  I will see if it stays that way.  Note that simply powering off the phone wasn't working I had to remove the SIM and boot without the SIM then put the SIM in for it to disappear.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @frlo, I'm glad you managed to get everything resolved. Thank you for sharing on the Community too, this could be really helpful for another user 😊