Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S5

JanPW
2: Seeker

Hi,

I installed the latest update for the Galaxy S5, and have a problem with the messages app. I now constantly crashes!

I wrote a post on here before, but it has been deleted. I would have at least expected a message about my questions in there on how to resolve this? and what vodafone is doing about it?

Thanks

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

74 REPLIES 74

GS5S

I also have this same issues there was a post on earlier that i was going to coment on but the registration had not emailed me but that has gone.

I have tried 191 and Live chat and all they can offer is to send this in for repair

all i did was update now i carn't message i have had the phone two months now and there has been no problems

but no one seems to no or care

zaahidkhan
4: Newbie
Theres something not right and very guilty play by vodafone as they keep deleting this update thread!

The thread wasn't actually deleted, but for some reason (I assume by accident) it was merged into the thread in the HTC forum (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/HTC/Rich-Communication-Suite-HTC-One/m-p/2242773#M120013).  I've asked the mods to unmerge it and put it back here where it belongs.

I thought there was a thread about this here yesterday, but I didn't have time to read it and it seems to have gone missing overnight.

I got a new OTA update notification yesterday.  Does anyone know what is in it?  I don't want to install a duff update like our HTC brethren have had to deal with.

Oh dear.  If I wanted message+ I'd install it from Google Play, but I already have 3 different apps (hangouts, whatsapp, telegram) which do the same job and have literally no desire to have a fourth one forced onto me.

Assuming Vodafone maintain the stance of, "everyone is going to get this whether they want it or not," demonstrated in the HTC thread, I think this means no more OTA updates for me.

Does the update contain anything other than additional bloatware from Vodafone?

Why merge a Galaxy S5 post with a HTC post:manfrustrated:

I have read most of the HTC one and i am now concerned.

Vodafone technical don't help much, other then saying that after its un-ticked in settings your default message app will work !

errrrrr NO

Samsung on ther other hand, new all about this and have said that they can offer me a recovery code using Kies putting back to the previous firmware, i am tempted as i have had to use my iphone again to get my messages.

what is going on Vodafone support ?? and stop moving this around i was strangely happy to see this as i no it was not just me effected by this i'm not a fan of these forums but this has been a relief knowing this is somthing i have not done my self.

I have just updated my phone this morning, i have done a Reset as 191 said to do this.

but it did not fix the phone all they can offer me is a repair

I hope some one can help me get my Messaging back

Hi Northern-dj could this of been in the last update that came this morning as my phone can no longer send or recive txt messages ??

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

It does make things really confusing keep moving stuff around