Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S5

JanPW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I installed the latest update for the Galaxy S5, and have a problem with the messages app. I now constantly crashes!

I wrote a post on here before, but it has been deleted. I would have at least expected a message about my questions in there on how to resolve this? and what vodafone is doing about it?

Thanks

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

74 REPLIES 74

Ellis_VF

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

Is really hacked of now with vf as I was lied to over the online chat. I was told that if I wanted to get rid of the Rich Communications rubbish I would have to speak so Samsung as this did not come from vf. I spoke to Samsung and they have said that it came from vf...Now the vf forum stated this anyway so why the lies?? So please vf put a update out to remove this app from the phones concerned

zaahidkhan
4: Newbie

Looks like voda has completely removed that update they pushed out over the last few days or it was sent out by mistake. thank god i ignored it and now when i do a manual search for an update it shows no new updates! i think vodafone realised it was a mistake and removed the firmware as well as deleting the threads covering their track.......?!

So what about use that did update what do we do ??

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

Yup ... Just checked and the update is gone ... so strange

Its really naughty to remove the previous threads

And I am dissapointed that i can no longer find my screenshot ... but of course I still have it to prove it really did exist at one time 😉

Who is messing around with this posts

Now the New/gone update has been merged i hope this is not done to upset us more

Moderators instead of merging posts moving them around and hiding them comment on what has happened.

i am disgusted and shocked at the childish behaviour a UK company is doing about this.

Thanfully samsung seem to care more about there customers then Vodafone does

I have a Call back booked so they can take a look at my phone over the air and assist on rolling this back

just so i can get a phone i can use.

I strongly recormend people contact Samsung they are well aware of whats happend

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone.

For anyone who’s experiencing any software disappearing, please let us know your current software version.

Follow these steps:

•          Settings
  •          More
  •          About devices (scroll down to see the latest android software version)

Once we have the information, we’ll look into this further.

Thanks,

Sarah

My Software version is 4.4.2