Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S5

JanPW
2: Seeker

Hi,

I installed the latest update for the Galaxy S5, and have a problem with the messages app. I now constantly crashes!

I wrote a post on here before, but it has been deleted. I would have at least expected a message about my questions in there on how to resolve this? and what vodafone is doing about it?

Thanks

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

74 REPLIES 74

Sarah, or whichever moderator next looks at this thread, please could you at least attempt to read and comprehend the contents of the thread before responding?  There is no 'software disappearing' mentioned anywhere except in your response (there was a new OTA released which doesn't show up when we check for updates now, but that is not quite the same thing).  There are however a number of unanswered questions in this thread, despite it being erroneously marked as solved, which I've compiled below to try and make it easy for you:

1. For those that installed the OTA update, and now have a constantly crashing/broken/inoperable messages app (such as the OP), how can they fix this?
  2. We know the Message+ app is included, what other changes are included in the update?
  3. Has the OTA update now been withdrawn?  It looks like it has as I can't find it when I check for updates, but official confirmation would be nice.  If it has been withdrawn, was it because of these problems introduced by your RCS software, or some other reason?
  4. Why do your staff on 191 claim that the RCS software is from Samsung, when it clearly isn't?
  5. Why is this thread marked as solved?

Just updated the software for my S5. Now being permananently pinged with "unfortunatley IMS Framework has stopped". Called helpline who again told me this was a samsung problem but suggested doing a forced stop on the IMS Framework witihin aplication manager and doing hard reboot. This made no difference.  if i go to applications/messages/default messaging app/rich communications you can uncheck rich communications and stop the annoying messages.

However can vodafone tell me what the real solution is. I have 2 S5s and one worked fine (rich comm on) and the other has this issues. any ideas how to turn on rich communication not that I have any idea why i would want it?

Mike

If your unlucky to get a offshore person yes they are saying RCS is Samsungs, this boild down to Vodafone not telling them the right and correct info.

I was on the phone with samsung this afternoon and they will after dialing in to your phone, roll the firmware back to the fully working firmware.

They are aware what Vodafone are saying and they are getting sick of it

Clearly the last update is faulty and Samsung has pulled this as they control the updating thing

But the rom was constructed by Vodafone the S4 has also been hit by this as well

the way this has been done is disgusting and no thought to customers at all

clearly there is issues with this as they have not made a launch or promoted this in any way, instead rolled it out as a update knowing people are waiting for another update

i never thought vodafone would stupe to such underhanded tricks, i can see watchdog getting hold of this.

I now have a fully working phone again with no RCS on and it's the rom before the faulty rom came out.

Lets hope Vodafone stop this rubbish, if i get a update notice i am defo not going to do this but check first

KD

Hi all

We're looking into what's happened here and will come back to you with more information. For us to do that we need to know the details of the software and customerisation ID.

To get this key in *#1234# then we need the number strings in AP and CSC.

@Spider_Tactical If you could get me this from your phone and post it up, that would be great.

I know this isn't ideal for you all but we will come back to you as we find out from our Product Team.

Thanks

K

AP G900FXXU1ANH4

CSC G900FVFR1ANH3

Mine is AP G900FXXU1ANH4

CSC G900FVFR1ANH3

steveo67
12: Established

is this the one to avoid ?

zaahidkhan
4: Newbie
Can someone give a review of this new update whoch has been released today please. Should we install it?

JanPW

Hi,

I installed the update, but now my "Messages" app crashes constantly.

I assume vodafone employees see this thread, so: when can we expect a fix? Or what are your suggestions to do?

Thanks

Jan

steveo67

i declined the update ... I have far too many unresolved issues with VF just now without adding any more.