Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ringing tones for each different contact

silverbogan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everybody!
I just bought huawei P1. I have trouble assigning different mp3 ringtones to different contacts. You can assign mp3 as a general ringtone, but I can't see how to set it individually. (When you select a contact and try to change the ringtone, it only gives a list of default Vodafone ringtones.) Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks in advance very much!

klingeltöne

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @silverbogan 

It may be worth looking at the device guide support from the website here:  Device Guides.  

If you do a Google search you will be able to download the manual for the device.. Some information also comes up from the internet, but as the links contain advertising, I am unable to attach them to the thread.

AnnS

Hi @silverbogan 

I don't know if this will help. 

On my Huawei device with Android 9 Pie, software, I pick a contact and scroll down to ringtone > music on device, when the list of downloaded tunes comes up,  I am then able to pick the one I want and select as a ringtone.

If you are on the previous software you may need to select edit first and then ringtone.

I have also had a look around the internet last night and this morning and there is plenty of help and support available. Take a look at Android Central, always has good suggestions for anything Android. There is also this information and support from Google but not sure if it will be relevant to your question: Add ringtones with Google Play Music

BandOfBrothers

Looking at the results from a Google Search @silverbogan  I'm unable to see a result confirming that operation is possible for your model of Huawei phone.

Perhaps contact Huawei directly so see if they can also advise if this is possible and or look for a dedicated Huawei Community Forum to ask the members there. Just an idea.

I'm sorry but I do not own that phone to try myself.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

On my P20 when I edit the contact to change the ringtone the list of system tones come up but at the top is a option called music on device and that will show all the music you've downloaded.

Also, I use the Zedge app and when you find a tone you like you can choose set as contact ringtone and then choose the contact and it'll do it for you.

Hope that helps.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac