Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ringtone & Notification tones resetting to default

tilitots
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have set the sounds on my new Vodafone V8 and my parents new Vodafone N8's to something more familiar but after a time, be it hours or days it resets to the default sound.  Is there any way to make them stay as we want them?

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

That's very odd.   Are these the built-in sounds or something you've downloaded?   If it's the latter, thet could be issues with them, so try a stock one.   If it's already stock, try different ones, just in case that makes a difference (though I can't see why).

It's also possible that this is a resource issue, so try clearing recent apps, app caches (Settings|Storage|Phone|Clear cache) and simple restart (turn it off and then on again).

If that doesn't do it, you may need to try a factory reset - don't forget to back up your content first!

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

I think I've solved part of this. On my V8 I can set a ringtone via the edit contact function but to set an SMS tone to my contacts I had to do it though the Messages app once I'd sent or received a message from someone. This works fine until I deleted a contact's conversation thread, then the next time I got a text from them it had gone back to default. 

Hope that helps a bit.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Following on from this thread, something odd has happend with my V8.

I downloaded a tone from Zedge which was a "beep beep" tone which I use as my default ringtone, message tone and alarm and have done for months.. However yesterday the tone changed. I don't mean that the phone somehow chose a different tone to use, I mean the tone itself actually changed; the chosen tone is still called "beep beep" but instead of going beep beep it now goes "boing boing"!

Is it possible that the person who orignially uploaded the file to Zedge has changed it and the phone has automatically updated the file without me doing anything?

Very odd!

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym

That would be a reasonable assumption, but I don't know if it's possible.  I don't know how Zedge works, but it's possible that it updates files on the fly.  If it's just a website, there'd be no connection but, if it's an app, I can see that it might be possible.

SimonWilding

it is an app - and upon investigating further I noted that several notification tones and ring tones that I'd downloaded from Zedge when I got the phone in November had all changed to the "boing boing" noise and I've not been able to find the same tones again.

My best guess as to what has happened is that the original tones had been removed from Zedge for whatever reason (copyright, member leaving etc) and therefore the app had replaced them with a placeholder. 

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4