Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S Planner Reminder issue

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I've noticed since the Kitkat update, if I have an S Planner caldenar or task event that has a reminder, even though I dismiss the even it keeps reminding me as though I have snoozed it and not dismissed it. Very irritating.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

28 REPLIES 28

hrym

Did you do a factory reset after the update? It's generally recommended after any, but Kit Kat is a big one and it's pretty much essential.  It reloads the OS from ROM and also clears out any bits of code remaining from the previous version.   It should clear most problems, but don't forget to backup first.

jeffkinn

@hrym wrote:

Did you do a factory reset after the update? It's generally recommended after any, but Kit Kat is a big one and it's pretty much essential.  It reloads the OS from ROM and also clears out any bits of code remaining from the previous version.   It should clear most problems, but don't forget to backup first.

Seriously @hrym ? Yes I did.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

Sorry, @jeffkinn , I didn't notice it was you!  Just been posting on various other "my phone does this/doesn't do that after the Kit Kat update" threads !

jeffkinn
LOL No problem - I guessed what had happened, and it was excellent advice. It's an annoying little thing that just started happening. I dismiss calendar reminders but the dismiss acts as a snooze and won't go away until I restart the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same problem and I have reset the phone post the update.

Cheers!

jeffkinn
I've been meaning to test this extensively but it hasn't happened again for a few days. I don't set myself too many reminders but I had one for this morning that dismissed without a problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Strangely I have found that reminders I set up specifically to test the problem work okay but last night I was inundated with reminders for doctors appointment even after I went into the appointment itself and deleted the reminder.

Had to restart the phone in the end. Two appointments this morning came back twice after I dismissed them then gave up.

Unusually this is the only thread I can find on the net where anyone else seems to be having the issue.

jeffkinn

I'm sure we are not alone!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Are you using an s-view cover?