Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S20 ultra order

Mikeybe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So i ordered an s20 ultra on the 29th of feb for collection from my local store. As these stores are now closed I didn't know what was going to happen. Got an email on the 25th saying as you have an order for store collection and they are closed we are going to send it to your home address you will shortly receive a new order number and email verification. Did not receive this. Go in my vodafone and see that my old order has been cancelled. Then 49 pound was taken from my bank account. So I just thought right must be shipping a new order and things are moving finally. Ring vodafone today to find out I've now got no order. Lost my place in the queue and if I want a phone I'll need to make a new order. I wont be entitled to the pre order headphones and I'll have to go to the back of the queue. No one seemed to know why and no one had a solution apart from making a new order. I've never experienced such terrible customer service I didn't cancel anything. Anyone else had this with a store collection this week? I refused to pay the 49 upfront cost as it was only taken from my account yesterday why should I have to pay it again? So annoyed

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mikeybe 

I agree this is all messed up for you and I can see why due to the unprecedented issues due to the ongoing pandemic.

It's confusing i submit that one part of Vodafone support system kicked in to advise they'd get the phone to your home as the Vodafone Highstreet Stores are closed temporarily to be then advised your order has been cancelled and that would have been a good secondary option.

After all Vodafone have taken the payment.

It then seems another part of Vodafone systems has pulled the plug on this and taken the route to cancel the order and I assume will issue a refund.

I'd suggest to contact your bank and they can check if the money was indeed taken or was instead gated off from your available balance and would now drop back into your available balance or if there is an incoming refund and if not ask them to see if they can refund the funds back to your account and they chase Vodafone.

I can appreciate why you would be disappointed I know I would be.

The free Samsung Galaxy Buds Mk2 will have been a Samsung Promotion which has T&C's that includes strict promotional dates that a claim can be made for the Buds if the phone was pre ordered.

I appreciate that's not your fault but this is the possible reason why Vodafone are saying they wouldn't be available again for a new order.

Sometimes promotions are put back on for people to claim Buds if a phone was purchased between two certain dates. Obviously I can't guarantee this will happen.

If this was me I would ask Vodafone customer services if they were willing to contribute to a set of buds if I purchased them directly from Samsung.

I'd also open up communications with the support teams via complaints  if first line support can't help.

It costs nothing  to ask !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was on the phone for well over an hour yesterday to vodafone being passed to different departments. Eventually to the complaints team who said he would sort this but actually just passed me onto a new connection team who could simply add a new order. I have not added a new order as she said she cant unless I pay the 49 upfront cost for the new order. I refused to do that. The money taken on thursday is not a pending transaction it's gone, left my account. I totally understand that's it's a strange situation with all the stores having to close but the fact they have clearly messed up my order surely someone should be able to resolve this without me losing out on what I have ordered. Paying 2 upfront costs and losing out on the buds and the added kick in the teeth of being sent to the back of the queue. Through no fault of mine. I guess sooner or later that upfront cost will bounce back to my bank but I refuse to pay it again. I just want my original order. Why cancel it at all. Just re route it to my home address simple job done

BandOfBrothers

I agree what your asking for does not sound unreasonable in any sense, and can only think Vodafone systems have taken control and have done what you have stated @Mikeybe 

Unfortunately I'm not sure what anyone else can do including the Vodafone Social Media Teams if that's what you've been told but as I mentioned it wouldn't cost anything to ask them.

Your right to be upset and frustrated with this and I'm guessing you won't be alone in this happening to them either.

I hope someone at Vodafone takes control of this situation you find yourself in and resolves it amicably.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I will persevere today and try and get this resolved but as most of them are working from home I can see that its difficult for them to fix this.

Truth is my order is probably sat in there warehouse but that warehouse will be closed till monday. 

Thank you for your input 

yazidibilal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

for some reasons i got the same probs i made my order the 29th of Feb and few days ago i got an email saying that due to the situations and this corona things i will recieve my order at home instead of store because they are all closed..today i was tracking my order to find out order is canceled and i can upgrade on the 14 of May...trying to contact the sales team but maybe they gonna tell me the same.

So far I have been offered £150 of credit and a new order. But I have not made a new order yet as someone I got through to is seeing what he can do today and hes calling me back when he speaks to the warehouse team. They have offered me the 150 as I will no longer get the free ear buds. I'll update this post once I know what's going on. I hope I wont have to wait another 2 weeks for my order

i just spoke to the sales team and she told me my order is fine and i have nothing to worry about..as soon as they get stock they will send it to my home adress next day.

If your order says cancelled I would be concerned about that information because they want me to make a new order I recieved this from the facebook team 

Thanks for your patience Mike. I've spoken to the team leader and manager, security is all passed. Given all that has been going on, with stores closing, as you know we've had to cancel all current orders. I know this isn't convenient at all, but given the situation, its fell out of our hands. After speaking to the manager, they've proposed that if you're happy to speak to our sales team and re-do the order, they'll be happy to credit your account with a £150, which will be used to come of future bills, saving you the money, so you can use that to purchase yourself the ear buds.

I know it's not ideal, but with all that's gone on, that's what we'd be able to do. You of course wouldn't pay the £49 upfront cost twice over either. Let me know what you would like to do, if you're happy, we'll notes for the sales team, so when you've contacted and spoken to them, they can see what we've offered.

I've had exactly the same issue as you mate. Ordered on the same date and everything.

My result is that like you out to the back of the Que (but Vodafone are saying I haven't and that I'm priority) and that I'll lose out on the pre order offer of buds. So they have awarded me and additional 5% discount ontop of my VAR of 15% and taken off the 29£ upfront cost.

I just don't understan like you why they didn't follow the emails instruction of sending it to thr address rather than cancelling the order. So frustrating 😡