Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S22 s22 ultra - Volte

misiokicio
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

HI all,    does it show volte  on ur s22  or s22 ultra?      mine is running latest software  and option doesn't appear in settings, and speaking to "technical team"   they said volte is automatically on, which i dont think it is,     they've fixed WiFi Calling by sending settings to the phone  

7080322-f-953b11aa-8395-4f65-9387-e1b5a33d6d05.png

9 REPLIES 9

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @misiokicio - thanks for your post.

Are you experiencing some issues when making calls over 4G, is this what's leading you to think it's not enabled? 

yes, it drops after few min back to H ( 3g)   won't stay on 4g

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you downloaded the My Vodafone app @misiokicio - if you head to Your Plan (on the main page) > Extras > WiFi and 4G Calling, does it show on? 

hi sorry for late reply,   yeah it is,    and like i said  WiFi Calling was activated remotely with technical support team,       but volte won't appear/ or work otherwise,       and the phone is running latest software

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's possible that VoLTE wouldn't come into play unless you were in an area with no 2/3G, so you may simply not have encountered it?

I've tried iPhone and wouldn't drop at all to 3g  while on 4g call,       what worries me, next year Vodafone is planning to drop 3g network  , which means if volte isn't working properly,  I'll be looking elsewhere for my network provider,  

hrym

If you're on a 4G call, then VoLTE is working.   Even after 3G closes, 2G will remain, so your phone will use that for calls and SMS.

AnnS

@misiokicio wrote:

I've tried iPhone and wouldn't drop at all to 3g  while on 4g call,       what worries me, next year Vodafone is planning to drop 3g network  , which means if volte isn't working properly,  I'll be looking elsewhere for my network provider,  

Yes @misiokicio this is to free up spectrum to enhance the newer 4 and 5G network.  Vodafone made a statement about the 3G closure here: Say goodbye to 3G and hello to better connections 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Vodafone have screwed around with the software once again and hidden the VoLTE menu for users as they believe they know better.

If you dial *#*#4636#*#* you should see Volte Provisioned and the slider set to yes. You may need to use the google phone app to dial that code.