cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 Battery Draining (While Left In Work Locker)

DaveCollinson
2: Seeker

I have had my S4 since April where I signed up to a new contract I've been with Vodafone for around 11 maybe 12 years and this phone takes the biscuit it has been in for repair twice already due to a "Camera Failed" warning message which makes the camera inoperable. I also report the battery is draining far to fast than it should when left alone say in my work locker most of shifts are around 6 hrs long and I only check to see if I have any messages on my break or make 1 phone call that maybe lasts 5 mins and put it back in to stand by via the power button to switch off screen.

Now today it was fully charged and was around 96% when I got to work I never touched it all morning until leaving work at 1pm where I check and my battery is 17% #####, I had no WIFI on, no sync and no location on I dont have any anti virus software installed and most of my apps I shut down via the RAM clear option. I am fed up of the issues the phone has given me I told your customer colleage in store that the battery was an issue in the 1st repair job and 2nd time I sent it in I assume it has to now go in for a third time.

I have called your support on my phone to even ask to put in a complaint and I have just been fobbed off time after time because when I send it back in I do not want another S4 the phone is rubbish because of the constant issues I have been getting. I should of got/waited for the HTC One M8 to be honest in all thats fair I am looking in seeing if I can end my contract because the phone is clearly broken and yet I get told it was fixed and it isn't the camera fault came back and thus had to be sent in again when I picked up and I got told this the 1st time it was fully updated via the software and fully checked, yet when I scan for software updates there is one available ??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If your phone is draining quite fast, it could be an issue with the signal.  If the phone is searching for signal all the time it will flatten the battery pretty quickly. Have you got any data monitoring apps installed?  If not, you could use the in built battery monitor.  Go to settings > more > battery and take a look at what is draining your battery.  It could be an app that is playing up.

Please be aware that with Android there is no need to clear the apps from memory.  In fact, by constantly clearing apps from memory, it could have the opposite effect - the constant relaunching of your apps can use up a lot of power.

I'm afraid that Vodafone won't swap your phone for an M8.  If your phone is beyond repair, they will replace it with one of the same model.

If you would like to end your contract, you will be able to by paying the Early Termination Fee for the time remaining in your contract.  You aren't able to end your contract without penalty just because you have an issue with your phone.  Your phone is totally seperate from your airtime contract.

Remember that firmware updates are rolled out to specific batches of phones at a time so it is entirely possible that the update hadn't been rolled out to your device yet.  The other possibility is that there wasn't an update at the time the technician checked.

If it is the battery that is an issue, just pop into your local Samsung Repair Centre and get them to check the device over.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

drey_p

Hi there

If your phone is draining quite fast, it could be an issue with the signal.  If the phone is searching for signal all the time it will flatten the battery pretty quickly. Have you got any data monitoring apps installed?  If not, you could use the in built battery monitor.  Go to settings > more > battery and take a look at what is draining your battery.  It could be an app that is playing up.

Please be aware that with Android there is no need to clear the apps from memory.  In fact, by constantly clearing apps from memory, it could have the opposite effect - the constant relaunching of your apps can use up a lot of power.

I'm afraid that Vodafone won't swap your phone for an M8.  If your phone is beyond repair, they will replace it with one of the same model.

If you would like to end your contract, you will be able to by paying the Early Termination Fee for the time remaining in your contract.  You aren't able to end your contract without penalty just because you have an issue with your phone.  Your phone is totally seperate from your airtime contract.

Remember that firmware updates are rolled out to specific batches of phones at a time so it is entirely possible that the update hadn't been rolled out to your device yet.  The other possibility is that there wasn't an update at the time the technician checked.

If it is the battery that is an issue, just pop into your local Samsung Repair Centre and get them to check the device over.

PWIAC

nickw310771
Have exact same problem and same response from Vodafone - they have no interest in helping anyone however much you pay, however loyal you are - had mine April 2014 - runs so hot you cannot actually make a call. Burned my child its so hot - they swapped it out last Tuesday - exact same problem. Whilst phone may be nothing to do with the Airtime contract - is it ok for Vodafone to supply a product that is widely known to have a fault. They can sue me for not paying my monhtly charges and I can sue them for injury to a child - who you think comes out on top. As a loyal customer all I have asked for is to switch back to Apple or to an S5 - I dont think thats too much to ask when they are supplying sub standard goods.

Hi nickw310771,

Welcome to the eForum.

So my team can look into this for you, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

nickw310771
So they've come back offering to do exactly nothing - repair a brand new phone at my inconvenience so stopping monthly payments after being a customer for 10 years - should be fun - dont let these giant corporations treat individuals like scum that they couldnt care less about. They take their money and dont care. Try calling 191 - 'thanks for calling vodafone - goodbye' - whatever combination of keys you press.... livechat - no one available and when they are, please go into the store.....go into the store - please call 191 - PATHETIC company that knows the S4 is problematic and wont do anythign about it ....

Hi nickw310771,

Please let me know your [#7xxxxxx] reference, so I can check this for you?

Thanks,

Sarah 

I have and got this message Hello, Thanks for your private message. Due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we’re unable to respond to all of our PM’s. Please follow one of the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible. Why wont anyone sort this out!?! WRT165

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello nickw310771

You have to click on the link in the PM to send a secure email.  Make sure you put the routing code WRT165 in the subject line by itself.

Yes I did that Got the generic response that i posted .....

AnnS

If you got that reply, you would have replied to the PM and not sent an email.

It is important to follow the instructions carefully in the PM and use the link provided.

As soon as you have sent the email, you will get an automated acknowledgement, its the # number which is needed to put on the forum for the Team to pick up the email.