Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 issues

MatthewTheakston
4: Newbie

My s4 keeps randomly rebooting itself and when it does it gets stuck in the start up loop or wont turn on unless the charger is plugged in. It also crashes alot when making calls.

I have tried factory resetting it and this did not work then i did a hard resert and cleared the cache via volume up, power and home buttons and that never fixed the issues.

It also has the network dropping issue but i am told that this is a big issue with the s4 range.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's not really up to Vodafone to address, the emphasis is on Samsung.  They changed who they got to manufacturer the batteries for them and it's not been great since.  Everything I have read indicates that they are now using someone else.  Samsung are, from what I understand, fully aware of the issues and have extra batteries in place at their repair centres to replace the faulty ones.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Could you do me a favour please.  Turn your phone off and open the back. Take the battery out and have a good look at it.  Does it look slightly swollen to you?

PWIAC

It does look a bit out of shape and lifted up, also when its flat on the surface 1 side looks raised up and the other side is normal.

Also when it is in the phone, the side what does not contain the metal plating is slightly raised up

If one side is raised, it is a good indication that you have a faulty battery.  I'd recommend that you pop into your local Samsung Repair Centre and they should be able to help you out. You can also try your local Vodafone Store.  When I had battery issues, the Samsung Repair Centre asked me to leave the phone with them and come back in a hour so they technicians could check the phone over. An hour later and they had swapped out the battery.

PWIAC

Do u think vodafone will adress the battery swelling issue as alot of people are having it.

It's not really up to Vodafone to address, the emphasis is on Samsung.  They changed who they got to manufacturer the batteries for them and it's not been great since.  Everything I have read indicates that they are now using someone else.  Samsung are, from what I understand, fully aware of the issues and have extra batteries in place at their repair centres to replace the faulty ones.

PWIAC

drey_p thanks for your help. Turns out it was the battery good job i asked on here before i sent my phone back thinking it was a fault with the phone.

You're welcome.  I am pleased your phone is now back to behaving like it should be!  Enjoy it - it is a great handset!

PWIAC