Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S4 melting while charging

lisaji
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My S4 melted at the connecting port to the charger.  I have sent it for repair and they have replaced the port.  What I need is reassurance that this isn't going to happen again.   I have seen on various web sites that I am not the only person this has happend to.  I am concerned because I had only walked out of the room for 15 mins and when i came back the port was on fire, I'm sure I don't have to point out what might have happened and what could happen again.  This is why I would like reassurance that this fault with the charger/phone is now resolved.  I had original battery in and original charger was used, both purchased with the phone in August 2013.

Thank you in advance for any help

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion

If this was a known issue with the port, then yes, it should beas the replacement component should be more robust.  I don't think anyone can give you a 100% guarantee that nothing like it will ever happen again, so I'd keep an eye on it the first few times you charge it.

thesoupdragon

As hrym mentioned, you can never have a 100% guarantee of anything. The Repair will have been done in accordance to Manufacturers specifications and with genuine OEM parts. The Phone will also have been tested to see that it is pulling the correct voltage from the power source.

It might be advisable to replace the Power Brick if you haven't already done so?

:smileywink: