Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5: Unable to connect to proxy server

flubster
4: Newbie
For the last week or so, I have been unable to connect to the internet on my phone when using WIFI. All i get is an error message saying unable to connect to proxy server. I cant find any proxy server settings anywhere. I dont think i have changed anything. Can someone please help thanks Flubster
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

flubster
ok...sorted it....went into modify network config in wifi settings and for some reason the proxy was set to manual. reset it to none and now works fine... thx Hrym for responding flubster

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Is this all wifi or just one network?   It could be a number of things but, if it's just the one network, the first port of call wound be to "forget" it and then set the connection up again.

Thanks hrym Im at home and just forgot and re-connected to my home wifi (which is working just fine)..same problem occurred. I noticed this problem at the weekend as well when in a shop. so its not just my home wifi

flubster
ok...sorted it....went into modify network config in wifi settings and for some reason the proxy was set to manual. reset it to none and now works fine... thx Hrym for responding flubster