main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

S7 Edge Firmware

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

Bought a replacement S7 Edge as I broke the screen on my old one. I got it from Ebay, it had originally been a o2 phone but was unlocked.

I wanted to use Wifi calling so decided to flash it using Odin and the Vodafone Firmware. All appears to work fine however the CSC Code is now VD2 (Germany) and not VOD (UK), It is not possible for me to do this without rooting the phone which I do not want to have to do.

Is it however possible for Vodafone to reinstall thier Firmwar (VOD (UK)) on it. I am still on contract with them.

Thanks

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I see where your wanting to go with your solution @09BigStu but as the phone wasn't supplied by Vodafone UK, indeed by another network they wouldn't be able to send it off to be firmware flashed. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

If Vodafone would allow Wifi calling on unbranded firmware then this would not be a problem as I would flash the firmware on my phone to BTU.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @09BigStu

As far as I'm aware they do now. 

It was in the early days of Calling Over Wi-Fi that an eligible Samsung phone had to have been bought from Vodafone to work with an eligible tariff. 

This page shows what's needed Vodafone wi-fi-calling.

Its voLTE that has the requirement that the phone be bought from Vodafone apart.from iPhones. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using Wi-Fi calling @09BigStu 😞

Our Wi-Fi calling works with Samsung phones bought directly from us and any open market phones, purchased SIM free. I'm afraid you won't be able to use it with a phone that's previously been used on another network.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help.

View more options