Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 Edge NUC Not Working

Ijazijaz
1: Seeker

I am trying to unlock my Samsung galaxy s7 edge and have received a nuc code via email (after submitting a request online).

The code has not been successful in unlocking the phone. I have tried to use a different active SIM and still nothing.

I really don't know what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Some Samsung's also need a Master Code as well as the Nuc Code. 

This thread has some in > OS-Unlocking/Master-code.

If they don't help then Live Chat and or Customer Service on 191 can esculate this and can also give you their direct email address too for the Nuc Team. 

Samsung themselves might also be able to help.with Master Codes but wouldn't be able to help with unlocking a branded Samsung Galaxy Phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm having the exact same problem, as in the nuc code vodafone emailed me didn't work. 

I've had several conversations with live chat and also over the phone and had different responses from different staff.

I explained that the code didn't work and they said they'd send me another one which has never materialised. 

One guy I spoke to said if I took it into a vodafone shop they'd have a go and if unsuccessful they would probably send it away to get it sorted.

So went to the store in Harrogate and the girl who spoke to me was very abrupt and downright rude not even letting me explain the situation fully before saying we can't and don't unlock phones, we don't have any codes or anything. 

So I told her what the guy told me about getting it sent away and she said we can send it away for repair but you'll have to pay.

I said it doesn't need a repair it just needs unlocking because your code didn't work. 

She was very insistent on me paying for repair so I told her no way I'm paying for a repair. 

So she said all she could do was send another email to resolutions and get them to send another code.

Which surprise surprise has never been sent.

This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered and one thing's for sure I'll never get another phone from a vodafone shop again. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's really disappointing to hear the NUC you've had hasn't worked @Stewpid and we completely understand your frustration, it sounds like you've been given the run around.

So we can escalate this to our NUC team for them to take another look into, I've sent you over a private message for you to get in touch with us directly. 

It's all too late now because I'd sold the phone on a promise of unlocking the phone for them but as I couldn't unlock it with the code you provided I had to refund the money to him and had to sell the phone locked to Vodafone at a much lower price. 

Which I suppose is what Vodafone hope will happen.

Like I said previously I will not be taking any more contracts out directly from Vodafone and will always use a third party to get a contract phone that I know will be unlocked to begin with. 

Just reading all the other problems others have had with their phones not unlocking is justification in it's self.