main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

S8 latest update

Freddy_261
3: Seeker

Hi.

I received and installed the latest update for my S8 yesterday. 

Ever since,  I have been receiving text messages from Vodafone telling me I've updated my software and they'll send me a configuration message. 

Well they did. Over 300 times. And I'm still getting them. Oops,  another one has just arrived. 

How do i get them to stop? Any ideas? .... and another one .....

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Freddy_261

A reboot of the phone should solve this for you and stop the automated messages.

If a reboot does not solve the problem, you will need to do a factory reset of the phone, this is recommended especially for Samsung phones to clear out any remaining bugs from the previous software.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Hi @Freddy_261

Turn the phone Off and remove the SIM card. 

Reinsert and turn back on and see how you go. 

Vodafone are sending you an automated message which shouldn't obviously repeat that many times. 

A Factory Reset is a very last resort and should only be performed after creating back ups.

Before you do that i would suggest to clear your system file cache which won't delete your saved info. 

Clear System Cache. 

Try clearing the Apps Cache and Data first by navigating to Settings > Apps > Choosr the App and Storage. If no resolution then considerTurning off the Samsung Phone. 

Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

When the phone powers up the Android System Recovery screen appears approx 30 seconds later.Release all of the keys you had pressed. Press the Volume down key on the phone to choose the  "wipe cache partition." section. Press the Power key on the phone to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Freddy_261

Here is a previous thread where the poster had the same problem with the same phone as you are using, and all that was necessary was a reboot of the phone to stop the automated messages.  It shouldn't be necessary to do anything further.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Why-am-I-being-bombarded-with-system-text-messages/m-p/2...

As far as doing a factory reset of the phone is concerned, this is always recommended especially for Samsung phones after any major update to clear the phone of any traces of the previous software.

View more options
Freddy_261
3: Seeker

Hi folks.

Thanks for your input. Reboot did nothing but wiping the data cache sorted it out.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Glad that helped for you @Freddy_261

:Smiling:

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options