Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S8 wifi calling when roaming

kevinfoc
4: Newbie

I have a Samsung S8 supplied by Vodafone with RED plan. Wi-Fi calling works great in UK - but when in the EU - I don’t get any Wi-Fi calling. If I swap the sim to my old Samsung S7 (also vodafone supplied) - Wi-Fi calling  works in both the UK and in the EU. 

any ideas?

tried the chat line - they just say text send to ..... and so on then when I keep pushing them they "loose connection"

27 REPLIES 27

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kevinfoc - Have you tested this at the same time, as when it was working on the Samsung S7?

As Wi-Fi Calling only works when your mobile signal in the area, is poor or non-existent, it could be the case that your signal was ok at the time.

Yes - my location in Ireland has no phone signal - the S7 works - the S8 doesn't.

The S8 is fine in the UK - works a treat on the underground stations!

Kevin

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @kevinfoc.

So we can take a further look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team directly.

Went through the process - sent my phone off to Vodafone - they had it for 2 weeks - changed the PCB in the phone returned it - roaming again  this week end - same issue - wifi calling  works on S7 - not on S8

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevinfoc I'm sorry to see you're still having issues regarding Wi-Fi Calling on your Samsung S8. 

Please feel free to reply to our most recent email and we'll be sure to chase this up for you 🙂

Went through the process - was  looking good - then all correspondence stopped!

Looks like only option is to keep sending the phone back for repair hoping some one will fix the bad vodafone F/W.

Kevin

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevinfoc I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back about this. 

I've asked the person you were speaking with and who was looking into this for you, to contact you with an update. 
They'll be in touch as soon as possible.

still no resolution - last time i went to EU, i left my phone in flight mode when i got off the plane - turned on wifi in the arrival lounge - wifi calling worked great! switched flight mode off - phone saw Vodafone Ireland network - no more wifi calling!!  so it looks like bad Vodafone F/W in the phone - don't know where to go next - no point in sending the phone back for the third time - locked into Vodafone for another 18 months ....

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevinfoc I can only apologise for this - it's disappointing to hear you're still having issues. 

I've escalated this again for you today, so someone will be looking into it. As soon as there's an update, you'll be contacted with further help.