cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S9 Wifi calling (option missing from settings)

bwakem
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone managed to get wifi calling running on an S9? 

Mine doesn't have the option in the 'phone' settings.  I have it activated on my account and I am elegible (phone contract purchased directly from vodaphone on a bundle that supports wifi calling) and it worked on my old S6.

I've tried a chat with a cust serv agent but she had no idea what to suggest.

I have the latest software updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jonspittle
12: Established

I'd say that going by the previous problems people have had (including myself) with previous devices (S7/S8/Note 😎 is you'll need to call Vodafone support up and ask them to force an "over-the-air configuration update" out, see this previous thread for the Note 8 which I believe should help:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

jonspittle

I'd say that going by the previous problems people have had (including myself) with previous devices (S7/S8/Note 😎 is you'll need to call Vodafone support up and ask them to force an "over-the-air configuration update" out, see this previous thread for the Note 8 which I believe should help:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Note-8-WiFi-Calling/td-p/2572850

Thanks. I just did that and it was working within 10 minutes.

This is what is so frustrating about Vodafone, 90% of its staff just follow scripts which are incorrect about so many things.  Finding the right person to speak to can take ages and I wonder how many people just give up and move providers.  I had months of the same with my Sure Signal issues.

For anyone else reading this in the future this is what I did:

I called 191.  Said 'Wifi calling' to the robot when asked what I was calling about.  This puts you through to someone that actually knows how it works.  I explained the issue and he immediately said he is sending an update to my phone and it will be working within 10 minutes.  He also said I would need to restart my phone but actually I didn't even need to do that.

Yes agreed, the number of times I've been passed around it's highly annoying, especially when it's something that can be resolved in a short period of time! Glad you got it resolved though!

I just phoned up - said 'WiFi calling' to the automated thing and I was put through to someone who knew what they were doing. He said there were no S9 OTA settings yet but it was correctly provisioned on my account.

I asked him to send the S8 settings as they were probably identical - to see what would happen.

He agreed to do this and the WiFi calling option appeared instantly in my dialer settings.

He said to wait a few weeks and phone back and ask them to send the S9 settings - as they should have them by then.

It's a standard response they say I've found, however the settings for all Samsung devices should be the same I'd imagine. 

Thanks for this thread, I now have WiFi calling working on my S9+.

I thought that this would also allow 4G calling to work but it isn't for me. Does anyone have 4G calling working on their S9?

I don't have it working on my Note 8, however, it's only available in certain areas.

I had it working on my S7 edge in Bristol, but still not on the S9. I hope the S9 gets it soon! Anyone else with an S9 have 4G calling working?