Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S9 and Android 9 PIE

niczaf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone know when vodafone are planning to release androind 9 Pie for the S9?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen the official Samsung response which is January 2019.

samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/One-UI-Pie-Release-UK-amp-Ireland.

Vodafone wont comment on firmware release dates as oer their firmware statement.

If yours is a branded Samsung phone i.e. supplied by Vodafone then you would probably need to wait u till.v have tested it before letting Samsung send it out. 

Firmware Statement.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Would Wifi calling work after updating directly from Samsung? 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DigbyWombles Have you already got Wi-Fi Calling activated on your phone? If so, completing a software update shouldn't affect your Wi-Fi Calling that's already enabled. If you're concerned about completing your software update due to this, you can always double check it's still active by logging into your online account

Thanks for the reply @Loz. I got my S9 from TIM in Italy SIM-free, and WiFi calling didn't work out of the box. I had to flash the official Vodafone firmware, after which all worked perfectly. I'm just concerned that flashing with firmware direct from Samsung (ie non-Vodafone branded) will stop WiFi calling working. Has anyone done it successfully and does everything work ok? 

When wi-fi-calling was first introduced by Vodafone UK a phone had to be bought from them so it had the Vodafone version of firmware on it with the exception being iPhones.

This changed quite a while back so that the phone no longer had to be bought direct from Vodafone UK with the exception being a couple of Vodafones own brand of phones.

So Yes the feature should still work @DigbyWombles

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Fantastic @BandOfBrothers, that's really good to know.  I'm going to go ahead and do it.  I'll report back with any problems.

Thanks

Dave

All went smoothly, and well worth the update.  Favourite features so far are the navigation bar gestures and pop up view.  I followed the instructions here and it was dead easy.

Cheers all!

Dave