Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SAMSUNG S7 CALLS CUTTING OFF

medievalpirate
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Having a problem recieving phone calls, randomly (timewise) cutting off the caller, this is on a brand new Samsung S7, this is on, what should be long chats on the phone, so far it seems to be with callers on other networks. Is this a phone or network problem & is there an easy fix....

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @medievalpirate

May I ask....

Have you recently ported from another Network to Vodafone ?

I ask because if the Port In date is past then a Split Port which is where the files haven't properly settled can cause issues. Vodafone Porting Teams would need to be advised via customer services. 

Does this happen everywhere or in one location ?

I'm thinking if in one location then it maybe signal issues. Check your signal by inputting your postcode in > Vodafone Network Checker. You can Zoom out on the map to check surrounding masts too. 

If it's happening everywhere then the phone or SIM card could be at issue. 

As a process of elimination to rule out the sim card or phone that maybe at issue can you please try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your phone. 

Vodafone has a template to help > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

If it's the Sim Card then any Vodafone Highstreet Store can swap it via a Sim Swap. 

If your SIM card works ok in an alternative phone but the alternative sim does not work properly in your Samsung phone then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location can run a diagnostic on the device. 

Alternatively A Vodafone Highstreet Store can send it off and check any Cooling Off period which with Vodafone it's 30 days of initial ownership to have a new phone supplied. After 30 days it's a diagnostic / repair. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

....Cheers I'll look thru all the info in the morning, eyes are playing up a bit now....

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please keep us updated @medievalpirate :Smiling: