Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung A5 2017 wifi calling

R_G_Metrology
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a text from Vodafone stating wifi calling is now available to me. However on my Samsung A5 2017 there is NO wifi calling option where it should be. Phone menu, 3 dots, settings should have this as an option but it is not there. Online chat help just said take the phone to a store, not particularly useful!

So, I temporarily put in an EE SIM and the option was there! When I put my Vodafone SIM back in, the option was gone!

Therefore, this must be a Vodafone setting that needs to be updated on my phone to make this appear on the menu?

Please Vodafone, get this sorted for me?! 😀

12 REPLIES 12

StuntHamstah
4: Newbie

You may need to contact Vodafone for them to enable this on your account. 

Unsure whether the social media team on here would be able to turn this on for you but they would certainly let you know once they see this post 

Thanks, it is on my account, just not on my phone!

The following may help.

Step 1

Please ensure Wi-Fi Calling is enabled in your My Vodafone app or in your My Vodafone account.

In My Vodafone

• Go to Services and extras > Calling options > Switch Wi-Fi Calling On     

In the My Vodafone App

• Go to My Products and Services > Manage Bars and Extras > Switch Wi-Fi Calling On

Step 2

Please switch Wi-Fi Calling on in your device

1. Connect to a Wi-Fi network
  2. Go to Phone > Three vertical dots(top right hand corner) > Settings> Wi-Fi Calling > set it to On

If you still have issues please text CALLING to 97888.

Let me know if any of these work :Smiling:

I DO NOT HAVE THE WIFI CALLING OPTION ON THAT MENU!!

As per my original post, it was there when I put another sim in, it is not there when I put my Vodafone SIM in! My account is enabled and I have switched it on in the app.

Attached are photos of the phone settings menu. 

With EE SIM - wifi calling is there

With Vodafone SIM, it is not there!

HELP!

EE  version picture attached here

@R_G_Metrology - Thanks for sending those examples! We’d like to check your account from our side. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Gemma, I have filled in the form as requested. It would be good to resolve this at last.

My phone is clearly capable of doing the wifi calls but there must be a setting to correct at vodafone.

I really do not want to have to change to EE to achieve this!!!

Osman, 

You replied with a code but no private message? Anyway, thanks for replying.

On the App, my settings shows wi-fi calling . 
On the Bars and Extra option I just get an error message and cannot access it.
On the my Vodafone option on the website, it says this has been activated on my account since 02 July 2017!
Was it really necessary for me to tell you this, surely you have this information?
I am feeling very let down by Vodafone at the moment. I have provided lots of information and there is clearly an error in the settings at your end. Please sort this out asap for me!