Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung A5 2017 wifi calling

R_G_Metrology
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a text from Vodafone stating wifi calling is now available to me. However on my Samsung A5 2017 there is NO wifi calling option where it should be. Phone menu, 3 dots, settings should have this as an option but it is not there. Online chat help just said take the phone to a store, not particularly useful!

So, I temporarily put in an EE SIM and the option was there! When I put my Vodafone SIM back in, the option was gone!

Therefore, this must be a Vodafone setting that needs to be updated on my phone to make this appear on the menu?

Please Vodafone, get this sorted for me?! 😀

12 REPLIES 12

Here is a copy of the next message I received:

Thanks for dropping us a message to confirm the selections that you can see on your account. I appreciate that you feel let down by Vodafone and want to make sure we turn this around. I've escalated to our Tech Team to ensure we get you back online and provided their solution below.

Have you ever been able to use this service on your phone and can you advise if you bought your handset through Vodafone directly?

If the device isn't bought from ourselves the feature cannot be activated by Vodafone and will remain inactive due to the settings on the phone. We'll be unable to provide this service unless bought directly.

I've also sent you some configuration settings to try if you have bought the device directly. After utilising the configuration settings please hold the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds to reset the phone. Please let me know how you get on.

I DID THE RESET AND NOW HAVE WORKING WIFI CALLING!

Thank you Vodafone for finally fixing this for me.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @R_G_Metrology I'm really glad to see your Wi-Fi Calling is now working. Please do let us know if you have any future queries. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi 

This may help. 

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-my-Samsung-phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.