Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung A52 s 5G , Not auto switching to 4G after being in poor signal area

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i'm in a area of 4G but i go into a building that doesn't have a good signal when i go back outside it never returns to 4G, the only way is for me to turn on airplane mode then off again then it picks it up straight away.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @Anonymous  signal can be bad in large buildings usually due to the structure of the building but excellent as soon as you step outside.

The most likely reason is the phone just takes a little time to reestablish a 4G connection a lot will depend on distance from the mast and bandwidth.

Although you have excellent 4G, Samsung give this advise for poor signal . Samsung Support 

If you follow the coverage checker at the top of the page, this will give an indication of the speed you can expect to receive at each location.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnnS  Thank you for your reply, That's the problem it's not switching back to 4G at all no matter how long i wait or where i go next.  To get the connection back i have to turn on airplane mode then off again. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @AnnS 🙂

When you say it doesn't connect back to 4G at all @Anonymous, do you mean anywhere or just in that immediate area? Do you have another phone that you could test your SIM in, then we can start ruling out what may be causing the issues. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amanda it doesn't connect back to 4G anywhere not just the location im in, if i go back home it's still on 2G.

I haven't tried the sim in another phone. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know @Anonymous - I'd edge on the side that you may need a new SIM and we can easily check that by testing it another phone. 

Please let us know how you get on with this and we can go from there 👍