main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung Ace...longer ring time req?????

Blackmagic707
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung  Galaxy J3 2016  Which is my husbands.. For the pass Year or so when someone called him , the phone would ring until he answered,  we did not have voicemail (which is good).. we are on a pay monthly plan.. About 6 months ago the phone would only ring 15 sec then stop, This is not enough time to get the phone out of his pocket to answer..   We have call vodaphone and they have activated and deactivate the voicemail and says it will work in 24 hours, .. it does not ... we have tried the **61*121*11*30 hashtag icon symbol   and with out the 11 also ..  it does not work,...  the store has changed the sim card and says it will work in 24 hours...  it does not work... then we where told that we need a new phone because it was not updating properly.. (we want to stay with the same phone as it is easy for my husband to use, but then go on to the 2017 model)..   (Also we brought the phone outright from Vodaphone  store so it is their own phone).. I have be told from another phone provider that it cannot be a phone problem because I keep getting connect error and MMi invalid.. I am at my wits end as this just going on and on... Can anyone help

Regards

Laurel

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just for clarification @Blackmagic707 is Voicemail turned On or Off ?

If you do not need voicemail then try turning it Off from your end via "calling 1210" or "Call 121 and select option 4, option 4 again, and then option 3. Note:if you’re a Pay monthly customer, this will use minutes from your monthly allowance. If you have no remaining minutes, or you’re a Pay as you go customer, or you’re outside the UK, standard call charges apply."

Or to Cancel all diverts.

Press Phone.

Press Keypad.

Key in ##002# and press the call icon.

As a process of elimination can you insert your sim card in another phone and see what happens when you recieve an incoming call. 

You could also try extending the ring time while the sim is in another phone. 

If this highlights an account based issue then you would need to persevere with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Blackmagic707

Thank you BandOfBroothers for getting back to me...

Voice mail is turn off,,,  I would like to try the vodaphone sim card in my phone but I am a EE customer!   will it work in my phone and my phone is a HTC one M9 ..?

Regards 

Laurel

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Your welcome @Blackmagic707

So if your Vodafone voicemail is 100% turned Off so when someone rings you it does not offer an incoming caller the option to leave a voicemail if you do not answer the call,  then its your phone thats controlling the incoming ringtone period, and not your sim card or Vodafones systems. 

Have you looked to see if there are any preferences / settings in the phone to do with calling or in your calling app ?

Did you try the cancel all diverts option I spoke about just incase ?

If your phone was supplied by ee then its most likely to be locked out to their sim cards.

You should be able to unlock your phone if you meet ee's criteria for unlocking or see if someone you know has a phone that will accept any sim card. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Blackmagic707

Until your voicemail is turned on it won't be possible to increase the time before the call goes to voicemail. you need to turn on your voicemail and use the # codes to increase the time as your were trying.

You can also manage your diverts through the call settings on your phone.  There is further information for you below.

How do I set up and manage my voicemail?

How do I increase the time before a call goes to voicemail?

View more options
Blackmagic707

Hi  AnnS

My husband is with the vodaphone network and I am  with EE..

We brought his phone  Which is a samsung J3  2016 about a year ago from the local vodaphone store but brought it outright and we are on a pay sim only monthly plan... we did not want voice message so that has been cancelled so the phone use to ring until he answered the phone.. about 3 months ago the phone started ringing for 11 secs which is not enough time for him to find his phone and answer it..  He is not phone savy  but this the only phone he finds easy to use and is not complaing because it does not have (the) buttons..!   It could be after an update around that time but  cannot remeber because when the phone wants to update he says (what the phone doing now) and I just sort it out at the time... we been around the houses with vodaphone chat line,   with their customer service,   in the vodaphone store   and no one seems to be able to sort the problem.. When we try the **61 etc the phone said MMI is invalid or there is no connection   and when I ring him from my phone which is the EE network the phone ring 4 times which is I now understand is 11 Secs and then it rings off and says number invalid..  which is why we thought as some of the phone technician says we need a new phone because the phone is outdated....  So we were thinkng of getting the next model up which is the 2017 model, but another phone company said it sounds like a network problem not the phone and the same thing could happen again!..

View more options
Colleen

@Blackmagic707 We'll be happy to take a closer look into your husbands voicemail query 😊 

So we can contact our Technical team regarding this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

Please be aware that if your husband is the account holder, we'll need to speak with him directly first (unless you're a registered contact on the account). 

View more options