Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy J5 with no SIM

buckdenbursar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a Pay Monthly customer out of contract and recently bought a new A5 and the Vodafone Shop set it all up and put a new SIM in.  My old Galaxy J5 is now without a SIM and is still locked and I want my wife to be able to use it (she is also a Vodafone customer on Pay Monthly and out of contract) , but can't see how to unlock it?  Help appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

KNOBBY101
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@buckdenbursar wrote:

I am a Pay Monthly customer out of contract and recently bought a new A5 and the Vodafone Shop set it all up and put a new SIM in.  My old Galaxy J5 is now without a SIM and is still locked and I want my wife to be able to use it (she is also a Vodafone customer on Pay Monthly and out of contract) , but can't see how to unlock it?  Help appreciated.

So if I get this right, the J5 was used on Vodafone by yourself and your wife is also on Vodafone? Weird as you shouldn't need to unlock it, butt you can put in a request to unlock the handset with Vodafone here 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/index.htm 

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks for your advice but can't put my wife's SIM in as it is the wrong size; can't put my SIM in the old J5 phone as this is also the wrong size. Hence I'm stuck!

@buckdenbursar wrote:

Thanks for your advice but can't put my wife's SIM in as it is the wrong size; can't put my SIM in the old J5 phone as this is also the wrong size. Hence I'm stuck!

Any Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a sim swap to move the tariff and number onto the right size SIM card. 

Just to mention Vodafone use Multi Sims so yours may push out etc. 

Also the stores and £1 stores sell plastic SIM card adapters. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I'll pop into the Store tomorrow.

You're Welcome. 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @buckdenbursar

I'd suggest to use the unlocking request page and use the details from your contract you used for the phone. 

I assume you want to use another networks sim card in it and not a Vodafone one. 

> https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Network-unlock-codes/48187356/How-do-I-unlock-my-ph...

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @buckdenbursar

If the phone is locked to Vodafone, your Wife will still be able to use a Vodafone SIM.

It's more than likely, the phone is PUK locked or you have entered a security code to  prevent you using an alternative SIM.  If you had Vodafone Protect now Secure Net, you would have set up a PIN to protect the phone.