Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S - Wrong Number in Phone Info

chillyppg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I received my new samsung galaxy s upgrade 2 days ago. I removed the sim card from my old phone and put it in the new one.

In settings/about phone/status it is not showing my number, instead showing another! The IMEI is correct as per the box.

Question...How can this be corrected?
14 REPLIES 14

ado28
16: Advanced member
When I go into my sim toolkit to view my number it just comes up with letters and scrambled symbols, most annoying!

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk

kk88
4: Newbie

When I go into my sim toolkit to view my number it just comes up with letters and scrambled symbols, most annoying!

probably the SIM card is faulty, contact vodafone and ask for free SIM card. They will send you a new version SIM card which might resoolve the issue....do not worry this is not a handset fault...

ado28
Cheers Urmi, I will give VF a shout and order a new sim card.

Sean

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk

Northern-dj
I have the same in my phone number it says Unknown also when a do my number it comes up with well gobbledegook

Dan_h_b
ditto

and my sim card is 2 months old...

welshrosco
It has been an issue for near all the smartphones with a vodafone sim as it isnt stored on the sim card. If u put it into an older phone u may b able to. Do a quick search in the nexus one forum for a list of ones that have worked so far.

ado28
My number came up on my Nokia n95 without any problems so it might be a sim thing, wouldn't be the first time my sim card has failed!

Destinatus
This is quite common as many operators don't actually set the MSISDN on the SIM card (doing so is optional). There are tools you can use to set this to the correct number, though. I can't remember the name of any off-hand, but a google search for "android msisdn app" (substitute 'android' for something else if you're on a non-Android handset) might give you something.
Vodafone are the best operator in the UK because they listen to their customers. My favourite pastime is sarcasm.

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi all

You can add your number on the Galaxy S. :)

To check it:

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Phone number

If this is blank or incorrect, follow the below procedure:

Contacts -> -> More -> Settings -> Own numbers -> -> Create

You can add your name and number here. For this to take effect you need to restart the phone.

Let me know if you've any further issues.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team