Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S20 plus Messages

Albionade
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have the above phone. Whenever i send a text message it sends as a Chat message. If i go onto options for whoever i am texting, the slider next to 'send as chat message' is always slid to on. If i slide it to off and send a message it sends as a text message, but the next time i try to send a message it reverts back to chat message with the slider on. How can i stop this automatically changing as it is driving me mad. Every thing i have read either doesn't seem to work or i haven't got the option to change what it's telling me to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Albionade, I have an S10 and I'm getting the same 🤔

I've had a play around and could you go to Message > Three Dots > Settings > Chat settings > Select default messaging type > Text/Multimedia msgs? Let me know how you get on!

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not familar with this particular model, btu I do have a device which started by using Chat as the default.   It was necessary to go into the Messaging app's settings to turn it off.   I suspect you're only doing it on a message-by-message basis.

I have tried going into the apps settings and changing all i can, no change. Only way i can see to turn it off is with that slider on the individual message page, but as i said it switches itself back on.

hrym

@BandOfBrothers, Can you help with this?

BandOfBrothers

I'll try @hrym 

@Albionade 

Can you screenshot what your encountering please.

I use the N20 Ultra and N10+ 5G so might be able to have a look at mine for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Screenshot_20201005-194426_Messages.jpg As you can see the Send as chat message is on.  I can slide it to off, but if i close messages app, the next time i put it back on it is back to on again, and that is for every contact.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Albionade, I have an S10 and I'm getting the same 🤔

I've had a play around and could you go to Message > Three Dots > Settings > Chat settings > Select default messaging type > Text/Multimedia msgs? Let me know how you get on!

Unbelievable, I have searched and searched but didn't see that option 😳. I have done that and it has worked a treat. Thankyou so much. One thing of note, my phone updated its android software this morning, is it possible that this update has put this option in? I am so sure it wasn't there before, I tried everything.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No worries at all @Albionade, I'm glad that's worked 😁

Very possibly, because my sister has the S10 but the version before mine, and she doesn't have that option in message to do it so it may have been a software update trick!