Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S4 black screen

BigG1
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I'm writing regarding my partner's phone.   She is a Vodafone pay monthly customer along with myself.  Today she tried turning her phone on after it being switched off.  However, when she tried to power it on, it vibrated but the screen remained black.  The led light at the top flashed blue and then disappeared.  We tried to ring the mobile to see if it was actually turned on, as we couldn't see, and the phone started to vibrate (we think it was likely on silent so wouldn't ring).  Also, the blue light is still flashing to indicate a notification (the missed call).  She has only had the handset since August and is in a 24 month contract with Vodafone.  We have no insurance which would cover this but was wondering where we stood in terms of warranty and repair from Vodafone. 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give, either a fix or info on the repair side.

Thanks,

G.  :smileywink:

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

YOu can use the Vodafone repair service = either call 191 and request a repair pack or drop your phone off in your local Vodafone Store.  The other option is to use a Samsung Repair Centre. From personal experience, I would take the device to them as I found them to be quick at sorting issues out. 

PWIAC

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply, it's appreciated.  Based on you experiences, is there usally an additional fee to be paid for the repair at the Samsung Repair Centre or would this be covered within the warranty?  

Thanks, 

G.

drey_p

It depends on what the cause is.  If it is simply faulty, then there will be no fee and it will be covered under warranty..  If the fault is due to physical damage, there will be a charge as physical damage isn't covered by warranty.

PWIAC

BigG1
Hi,

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I'll definitely try and get it seen by someone from the Samsung repair centre and see what they say. Appreciate the help.

G.

flayerfilliper5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The SIM card can remain in the phone. Replace the back cover, and plug the phone into the charger. To initiate the recovery menu, hold down the "volume up", "home", and "power" keys all at once. Use the volume keys on the side of the phone to navigate through the recovery menu and choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset." Discord Adobe Reader iTunes