Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 7 Update

Fangus
1: Seeker

Hello everyrone!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android v. 6.0.1 installed. I received several texts from FIDO and telephone recordings telling me that I should update to Android OS 7. When I clicked on the link in the text I received, nothing happened. I have Download update automatically ON and tried several times to download the update manually. I keep getting the same message: 'The latest updates have already been installed.' and 3 current versions written underneath. I have called Samsung to see why the download did not work, and I was told to schedule the software update during the night and place my phone next to the router. Nothing happened. Now although I have my settings for Wi-Fi on my Videotron account, but the letters LTE have changed to 4G. and I cannot see the Wi-Fi feed icon anymore. Fido told me that I was on DATA now.  Does anyone know if I can download the Android OS 7 directly from the Internet on my phone? Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Fangus

“Videotron” - are you on a Canadian Mobile phone Network?

This is the Vodafone Community Forum for the Uk. 

Anyway, regarding Firmware updates. 

Only accept a Firmware update that’s pending in your Software section in the phones settings. 

Networks and Samsung will not comment on timeframes for Firmware updates in the Uk. 

The generic advice is to periodically check that section in your phone in settings for software updates. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.