Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Try getting a MCK code, it sort of unfreezes the other code, you enter the mck code then the puk code and bingo it worked for me, I got mine from a bloke at a market still but I imagine you can get it from Vodafone 

emma_williamss
2: Seeker

Hi There, I'm also having an issue with this to get my new Vietnamese sim working on my Galaxy S7!

Hope you can help,

Emma

Im afraid I have not heard anything back from the technical department yet ,, it looks like its going to be a long time before vodafone come up with the answer ,my phone is still locked 

Philip11
4: Newbie

Did you get the problem resolved as I am having the same problem thanks

No it's still on going 

Afflospark

Hello,

As I read You face an issue with your sim And you find its PUK code.

This is happening due to you enter incorrect sim pin three times your phone will lock and its want a key or we say PUK to unlock the sim.

If you want to get your sim PUK you have to contact 191 or 03333040 There you talk to Vodafone customer care they will enter your account and tell you all the details about PUK code. You can also talk about it via live chat

NOTE:  If you will Enter the wrong PUK too many times your sim will be permanently blocked and then you have to go your Vodafone customer care office and they will charge you some money and after that, they open your phone. 

mitenm

Hi

I have almost the exact issue with my Samsung S7.

I put the incorrect code in when it was asking for Network Unlock Code and now it is asking for SIM network PUK

I have recieved the NUC code however that does not work (understandbily as it is asking for the Sim network PUK but I thought I would try just incase)

I have tried to communicate this via the chat on several occasions but the people on the other end don't understand.

Please help

Thanks

M

Good luck. I’ve been trying for 2 weeks to get them to provide a PUK. 

They wasted their time contacting Samsung for another NUC code. Which of course didn’t work. 

Its like this is the first time someone has asked for one. Yet this thread is full of people with the same problem. 

You need 

MCK (DEFREEZE) = SIM network PUK

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mitenm @Lizbodman I'm sorry to hear you've both been having difficulties getting your PUK's to complete the unlocking process, we'll gladly look into this for you and get the codes generated right away. Please send us your full name and mobile number via DM to either:

-Facebook Vodafone UK

-Twitter @VodafoneUK

If you're unable to send your details through Social Media, we'll be able to help you via Live Chat too.