Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

@josh assuming you’re not just a bot, are you having a laugh. Try actually reading my posts. I’ve been gong through the process of Vodafone “helping”  me for nearly 3 weeks now and you can’t get it right. 

😂😂😂 sooooo true. These moderators are a joke. They must be bots, absolute and complete joke......

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry you feel this way @Lizbodman It's disappointing to hear this has been going on for so long - I appreciate how frustrating this must be. 
The best way we can help you, is if you get in touch with us using the details @Josh provided. We'll then be able to access your account and look into getting your PUK for you. 

Why do I have to go through the effort to dm you via Facebook. Why can’t this be sorted through the email chain that has already been created with all mine and the phones details in it. 

Are there some extra special people on Facebook that aren’t allowed to use email. 

Maybe it was an automated message

I tried via twitter and it was just the same as before (have to explain everything from the start again and the same reply that shows they have not either read the message properly or understood it) 

It is a massive waste of time

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lizbodman @mitenm I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused by this. Our process has changed and the team who work this Community forum and used to work our emails, are the same people who work our Facebook and Twitter queues. Please feel free to add the link from your forum post to your message on Facebook, this way you won't have to re-send us your query.

Hi Loz

Thanks for your reply

I did try and link to the forum post both when I contacted via twitter and also throught the vodafone online help and unfortunatly the result was the same.

Personally I do not want to use up anymore time on this as it really does feel like I (and it seems others in the forum) are just going around in circles

bestusefultips
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Forgot my SIM card unlock PIN on galaxy S9. Already entered wrong password three times and SIM card locked. To unlock must have to enter PUK get from service provider. How can i get PUK? Is there any other method to reset SIM PIN?

marciouk1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Could you please help me to resolve issue for Samsung galaxy S7 edge.." I unable to unlock my mobile even though I had received the unlock code. 
Thank you. Hope to hear you soon.

Regards,

Marcio

Hi @Kda2808 and @marciouk1 👋 we will need our NUC team to take a look into this, so we can get this done for you can you contact us by clicking here and we will get this escalated 😊