Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S8 Not Charging

lego999
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm having a problem charging my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. To cut a long story short, it won't charge using a cable. It started off by only charging slowly but has now decided it won't charge at all. I have used the official charger and cable, and also tried other chargers, but still no joy. The one good point is that the phone will still charge wirelessly, but this is not always convenient. I've also reset the phone but still no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@lego999 

Use a torch to look inside the port to see if there's any build up.of lint etc but be careful if you try to remove any lint.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can look at it for you under the 24 month manufacturing warranty as long as it shows no signs of a drop or water sensors have been tripped. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

@lego999 

Use a torch to look inside the port to see if there's any build up.of lint etc but be careful if you try to remove any lint.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can look at it for you under the 24 month manufacturing warranty as long as it shows no signs of a drop or water sensors have been tripped. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your reply, I'll try that.

Thanks again,

Martin

Hi,

I took your advice and had a look in the charging port. Couldn't really see anything but using low pressure compressed air I carefully blew into the port. Hey presto, I can charge again - even fast charging!

Many thanks for your help, it turned out to be an easy fix.

Regards,

Martin

BandOfBrothers

Cool @lego999 

Just be wary when using pressurised air as that can drive dust etc further up into the phone which can cause issues too.

Glad your sorted now.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >