Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S8 data drop out during calls

jthom189
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had a new samsung galaxy S8 for about 3 weeks and have recently found that occasionally during a call my data connection will dissapear. This has mean't that google maps cannot operate as their is no data connection available to support the software. Has anyone else had this issue? It's happened twice in the last week. I'm also new to vodafone having recently changed due to signal issues where I live with my old network.

many thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Hi just a question may be helpful may not have noticed you have power saving on have you tried with it off? I know power saving restricts some stuff running in background. Give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks I'll give it a go and will let you know

Sorry to say power saving off made no difference. Also I have spoken to Samsung and they say it has to be a signal issue with the provider as it doesn't occur in every area within the UK. So any other ideas anybody?

Hi oh well worth a try. Have you tried another map like co pilot etc?

No to be honest I havent as I use Android auto when I'm driving to reduce distractions. This by default uses google maps. I'll have a look at some other map apps to see if the same issue occurs with them. 

Thanks

Julian

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please continue to keep us updated with this @jthom189.