Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Watch Stand Alone Mode

jessey316
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have the samsung galaxy watch setup and paired with my phone. When using stand alone mode, the watch shares the same number as the phone for receiving and making calls but that doesn't work for texts. Texts seem to have their own number. Is it possible to share the number from the phone for texts also so i can receive these when the phone is off?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can only speak for the set up I'm.using...

Samsung Note 9

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

When paired to my phone I revieve incoming calls and can make them.

Also when paired the watch uses the connection to send and recieve text messages.

If my phone is Off then Bluetooth connection is broken and the watch then switches to standalone and becomes just a watch.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the response

The watch I'm using is the Galaxy Watch 46MM. The number is the same and shared between phone to sim for calls but when i text from the watch, the number is different. Was curious if this was by design and if there were any ways to share the same number for texts

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @jessey316, thanks for getting in touch.  I'm guessing the watch you have is the LTE version? Have you tried contacting Samsung support, to see if they can shed any light on this feature?