Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung J3 2017 - Email Sound

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

How do I get a sound when emails are received.

I thought I had a sound previously but noticed now that emails appear without any sound at all.

I get sounds (rings/pings) with phone and texts etc., but nothing for emails

Help please, thanks...

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I set mine on my Samsung Note 9 via..

Settings-Apps-email-Notifications-Tap on new emails sound-Sound-Choose the sound you want.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandofBrothers, thanks for your prompt reply.

I carried out the same procedure and have the following: -

New Emails =

On

Importance: High: Make sound

Sound: Skyline

Vibrate: On

Sent a test email. Had to press the email icon on the mobile to receive the test email. No Sound when received?

But should I have to press the email icon to receive emails? This is another issue, as I am sure previously emails came to the mobile automatically without my having to press the icon?

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Samdy 

Providers of emails offer different sync options such as push which means your phone auto checks the servers and grabs new emails when they are ready and fetch which means your phone checks the servers at set pre determined intervals. 

For example I use Bt Mail and they don't offer fetch so my phones set to check my servers every 15 minutes. 

It maybe worth just checking yours. 

Is sync turned to On in your settings. 

Find out by > Pull down your notification shade from the top and look for sync.

Is it highlighted ?

i.e. Screenshot_20190406-052455_Samsung Internet.jpg

If it is then Long press on the sync button and options will show with one being your email options. 

Does it say sync for all items.

Sometimes also if network signal is congested or weak then this can cause syncing issues. 

What happens if you switch to wifi ?

In regards to sound then you should be hearing a notification noise.

Press the volume rocker up and when the slider shows on screen quickly hit the ' ' next to it or pull down over it on the screen which should open up further sound slider type bars and ensure the Notification option is turned Up.

Open Settings and then Notifications and check your email option is toggled On. 

Put your phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then check if you get a sound. This helps to rule out if a downloaded app is causing conflict.

To go into Safe Mode and out of Safe Mode a Google Search will explain. 

If this continues if you have a Samsung Experience Store near you they'll help too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Bandof Brothers - that is one incredible reply! Thank you so much.

I will look at all this when I get home this evening (Saturday 6th) but one thing off the top of my head WiFi on my mobile is permanently OFF. I didn't think I needed it with 4G? I don't have ANY comms problems (apart the email sound issue) - phone, texts and Internet are fine everywhere without WiFi - at home or out.

I even have WiFi switched OFF with my router at home - having a direct connection to my system. I am a radio ham and with the router WiFi ON in the house it interfers incredibly with incoming radio signals from around the world. So, I was beginning to think WiFi was history - for me at least.

Thanks again and I will check back later, Samdy.