cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung K Zoom. ..micro sim card swap (old one full!)

Robbie47
2: Seeker
1) Do I need to remove battery as well as switching off device before swapping to new micro sim card ?
2) Will this only remove photos stored on card or other essential data as well?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Your micro sim is nothing to do with photos etc. Do you mean external SD storage card?

If that is what you mean I always switch my phone off when doing it, any music etc you may have saved will go off the phone, any backups you may have created and saved to the card will leave the phone too.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw

Your micro sim is nothing to do with photos etc. Do you mean external SD storage card?

If that is what you mean I always switch my phone off when doing it, any music etc you may have saved will go off the phone, any backups you may have created and saved to the card will leave the phone too.

hrym

If you do indeed mean an external sd card, you can copy everything off it by connecting the device to a pc as mass storage and then using Windows Explorer.  When you put the new card in, you can copy the content back in the same way, preserving  the data structure.

If any of your apps are installed to the card, I'd move them to the phone before removing the card as the copying process may not transfer them correctly.

You don't need to turn the phone off to remove the card if you don't want to.  Just go into Storage under Settings and eject it.

If you're talking about the SIM, this can be changed with the phone switched on, but you will need to activate it first.

Robbie47
Thanks...excellent advice. ..very thorough !
Bit new to all this ...Steep learning curve...but getting there.

Much appreciated !

hrym

I did exactly this recently (same problem - card full) and it was seamless.   There were some log files that I didn't transfer back but that hasn't caused any problems.

63johnw
No worries. Come back if you need anymore help.

Robbie47
Thanks for advice !...Brilliant !